Who planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 630?

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I think they called it the 630 because they are planning to drop the 5XX range because lets face it the 5xx and 6xx ranges were so similar it's not worth having both the 630/635 can be the super low end cheap phone for people with not much money, then the 730 (hopefully coming soon) can be the Moto G competitor with 720p display, flash, 1GB RAM, 8MP camera etc then not sure what the 830 could be and then the 930 is the super high end top of the range incredible crazy quality premium device, then the 1030 can be the same as 930 but with super incredibly amazing camera and 1520 is just larger 930 with larger screen and bigger battery
Or they are planning to make the 5xx series even cheaper

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, my cousin brother actually owns l630 and when the phone is brought close/contact with the ear, it switches off the display and hence works as a proximity sensor. If proximity sensor does something else too, I am certainly willing to learn.
that i know....but what has that got yo do with the sensor core?....basically the phone's screen turns off when there is a large area of the screen in contact with your skin... nothing to do with sensor core

PPCApache

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought one two days ago and must say I really like it, it is my first WP8 device and now wont be my last. I see that it is a basic model and for $239 AUD it is consided a cheap mid range device here is Austrlia, I will be looking at another high end device in the next 2-6 months when I possibley look at a new plan.

I have been using Android devices for over 4 years and decided after leaving my last job (they supplied me with a number of Android devices) to make the switch. I have used Windows devices 15+ years ago with windows mobile devices like the PPC-6600 Harrier and the PPC=6700 Apache (This is were my user name came from) and the HTC HD2, wasn't very impressed with WP7 so made the change to Android.

Great to be back in the technology forums after a move away to more EDC (Every Day Carry) forums. Hope to get some tips and tricks from you all over the next couple of weeks/months

Cheers

Jace

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos