Who wants a white one?

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I was literally just contemplating this. If I can sell this laptop today, hopefully, I was thinking about heading over to see if I could dig one up early ;)

afikaris09

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems they have started showing up in stores: White Lumia 900’s are in AT&T Stores Now - Mobility Digest - Mobility Digest. Post if you're getting one.
I don't know. I made the mistake of being a early adopter of the Samsung Captivate. After 3 returned phones I finally got one that worked(Still no GPS to this day). I fear I may wait for the Lumia 910? Lumia 1000? I really want this shiny white beast but I don't know if I can deal the problems that come with being an early adopter, again.

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I checked it out today and was about to exchange my black for the white, but the glossiness and slight clicking in the top left display turned me off. I instead exchanged for a new black one and its perfect. No screen clicking, camera button doesn't require an overly deep travel and it almost feels like the screen is more responsive (probably not)

I also saw them selling two lumias while I was there and the Nokia rep was handing out free candy. I asked the sales associate and they say the iPhone sales is still 60% of their store but the lumia was selling very well.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I checked it out today and was about to exchange my black for the white, but the glossiness and slight clicking in the top left display turned me off. I instead exchanged for a new black one and its perfect. No screen clicking, camera button doesn't require an overly deep travel and it almost feels like the screen is more responsive (probably not)

Can you explain what you mean by clicking?

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
if you press sown on your screen in the top left corner it will make a click sound.

My was loud, the white one I tested was not so much. But cmglad I got the black because my vibrate isn't crappy either anymore.

That's a defective unit - return it immediately for exchange.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just ran up to the at&t store store to take a peek. Wow. The black 900 is great looking in an industrial way, but the white is, to my eyes, the most amazing looking device I've ever seen.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
if you press sown on your screen in the top left corner it will make a click sound.

My was loud, the white one I tested was not so much. But cmglad I got the black because my vibrate isn't crappy either anymore.

I have the black one and it has the clicking on the top right hand part of the screen i went to the store today and they exchanged it for the white one gotta say loving it and no more clicking screen. and i also got my wife to dump her iphone 4s for the lumia 900 black one oh and the exchange was no hassle at all dude said we are out of the cyan and have 3 black lumia's left and we just got the whites in a few mins ago i said gimmie the white oh he also offered to give me a titan II if i wanted the cyan but i had my mind made up white. the titan didn't like or feel that bad but i really like the clear black tech screen nokia has

psonio7

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. I made the mistake of being a early adopter of the Samsung Captivate. After 3 returned phones I finally got one that worked(Still no GPS to this day). I fear I may wait for the Lumia 910? Lumia 1000? I really want this shiny white beast but I don't know if I can deal the problems that come with being an early adopter, again.

I know exactly where you are coming from. I too got a captivate the first day it was released. It was so buggy that I even exchanged it once. After rooting and putting a new rom on it, it was half decent. I just picked up a 900 3 days after launch, worried about being an early adapter once again, but so far this 900 has been flawless. It is a green dot version and I did update even though it was fine before.

Give it a try!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion