Who will buy upcoming flagship for continuum

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the release this fall (950 and 950 XL) is too close to my 1520 to make the expense seem worthwhile.

I'm holding off to see how the Intel chipped phones look.

the_moesiah

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Just like RumoredNow, I think I'm going to wait for the Intel phone. I got a 640 hoping that I could use Continuum with it. Either MS hadn't made that announcement yet or I missed it. I wasn't too happy to find out that I'd need a new new phone, but I do like my 640. It's a quality phone and it runs W10 like a champion.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mikemadz

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I am really excited with this continuum for phones. Imagine just connect your phone to a monitor, bluetooth keyboard and mouse and boom you have a PC.

I have been reading you comments about the 640. Will it be able to do continuum?

I hope the 950XL is a killer.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a great idea, as you say plug in a monitor, keyboard and mouse and you have a PC, but I already have a PC, and a Surface Pro that is effectively a PC, and a small tablet that is also a PC (OK not as good as the others).

If I am out and about I really want a smart phone, I also hope the new phones do well, I still want to see Windows succeed especially on phones, but like others, what would I do with my 1520, just too good to leave in a draw.

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I love my 1520, but yes I'll be upgrading simply because of Continuum. I have a Surface Pro 3, but I find that I can do pretty much all my work related stuff (with the exception of academic journals) on my phone these days. If I can have my phone as my word processor, e-mail, and PowerPoint, then it saves me from having to cart around a laptop. I am excited about the possibility of an Intel phone, but if a Qualcomm Lumia can do all I want it to, I don't see the point in waiting another 6 or so months. (And yes, I fully realize it's lazy to not want to carry around a Surface).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am planning on it but not sure if it will run native desktop apps for all my games. :D

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

It definitely will not. There's rumors of an Intel based phone sometime next year, but even if that comes to pass, I don't know if it'll become a 100% PC replacement (Save for performance requirements)

Personally, I'd humor the thought, but the large display seems to kill it for me for now. And I'm not exactly rolling in funds either.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I like to travel, sometimes to sketchy countries, and the idea of having a relatively discreet laptop replacement is appealing. Someone breaks into my room and steals my Bluetooth keyboard? No big loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786