Who's got build 10581? How's it working for you?

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Gab tweeted about build 10586 for desktop, so we can expect same build for mobile in couple of days. There's nothing new as Windows 10 Mobile almost feature complete. For me current build is already quite stable, no issue, everything working fine.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
"Hmm...I've got this problem, and there's a 1000+ post thread on my build and possible issues. Oh hey, look...a Search button..."

As a guy that owns a very large group of forums not related to phones.. Newbies aren't into knowing how forums work.. and "Search" isn't one of their other strong points...I'd wager though that the advertisers sure don't like seeing unseasoned possible customers scared away by self appointed forum police.

glossallalia

May 17, 2013
Visit site
L635 post update it seems more unstable than the previous build, I was liking it. But now it has happened twice so far that while listening to music somebody calls and the volume of the music maxed out and nearly busted my ear drums and volume rocker didn't function.

Dinu Ciobanu

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, maybe someone already had this issue, but it would take too much time to read all these pages, so let me just ask.
After updating to latest build (and doing a hard reset as usual ) everything worked perfect, and it still is (almost) my outlook contacts won't sync with phone.
I did another hard reset thinking it's just a bug, but it still didn't help.
Anyone else also had this problem and knows how to fix it?
PS. Facebook is synced and works fine.

Darshan Sachde

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I am on lumia 925 with win10 and from my experience the UI is good. The App still need a major update. There are still issues of resuming and loading bugs.

Camera: Lumia Camera was way better then Windows Camera. People said the same code is bundled in Windows Camera as that of Lumia Camera but the performance is not upto mark. Night Photos are worst.

Cortana: My Cortana is deaf and mute.

Phone: Dialer is very slow. It takes a while to dial a number.

Photos: Video play worst in Photos app. Green screen comes in between.

I suppose they are device specific and occur differently to different device.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
New problem has reared its head over the last few days, for a couple of days, I had to snooze or cancel my morning alarm twice before it actually stopped. Today it took FOUR attempts to stop it, not what you need when you want another ten minutes in bed! It comes up with the usual snooze/cancel screen, but when you choose either option, it just comes up again and the alarm continues to sound. I was liking this build despite the other bugs, but this is very annoying.

Anyone else have this?

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
New problem has reared its head over the last few days, for a couple of days, I had to snooze or cancel my morning alarm twice before it actually stopped. Today it took FOUR attempts to stop it, not what you need when you want another ten minutes in bed! It comes up with the usual snooze/cancel screen, but when you choose either option, it just comes up again and the alarm continues to sound. I was liking this build despite the other bugs, but this is very annoying.

Anyone else have this?

This came about after the app update. I deleted and reset my alarms and it hasn't reoccurred..

Last edited:

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to log on to wifi with this build on my 930. Anyone else having this problem or know a solution? Mostly everything else (except Hey Cortana) seems to be working fine.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My 930 had some minor issues, I did lose data over cellular for a time, but this looks to have been due to an issue with Three UK as it rectified itself this morning after over a week of not working. Not had an issue with WiFi though. Can you download and run ActiveNet Now from the store and post a screenshot. This may help to see what's going on at least.

Hey Cortana works ok on my 930... Took a few attempts to train it, but it works ok now.

Cornishrelic

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm using 581 on my 930, absolutely no problem (except for cortana training not working), this should be fixed in public release.

much better than 8.1 and looking forward to some iOS ported apps...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So for some reason, when I go to Facebook today in Edge, it shows the full desktop site even though I have it set to Mobile preference. And when I go to m.facebook.com it gets the super stripped down version of the site. Anyone know what I need to do to get back the "rich" mobile site that I've had before? I cleared all data in Edge yesterday, I wonder if that made this happen. I can't figure it out.

Kevin Olson

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I ended up doing a hard reset and now edge and everything is working but now I am getting errors when updating apps in the store. The updates wont download and I get an error 0x803f7000

any ideas?

rph2

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Updated my 1520 from WP8.1 to W10M build 10581 about a week ago (with hard reset). I have been mainly satisfied with this build, seems to work well as a daily driver.

Yesterday however there suddenly appeared an annoying glitch. When typing in portrait mode, the on-screen keyboard suddenly turned narrow. It's now maybe 70% of the original width in all applications. I have found no way to return it back to full width. Screen capture enclosed.

Has anyone faced a similar bug? If so, have you been able to solve it somehow? Or could this be related to some upcoming feature I am not aware of?

wp_ss_20151116_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Will be rolling back to 8.1 on Wednesday. Edge and uc browsers crash a lot. Contacts /people not to my liking. And the outlook email client....