Why are the pictures I send through text messaging distorted?

katherinea

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
When I take pictures on my Lumia 1520 they come out crystal clear and with great quality. But as soon as I try to send the picture via text messaging to friends or family the pictures are distorted and/ or very small. I've looked through my settings to see if I could simply change the picture settings, but I can't find any option that relates to my issue. Please help!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
sounds like it is down scaling the pics to make them more adaptable for MMS... might not be able to change those settings.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Another short coming of Windows phones....android you can choose what you send on your data you pay for,for now....just email photo,or send a link to download from a cloud service......jeez MS is so 1994 when it comes to mobile computing

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another short coming of Windows phones....android you can choose what you send on your data you pay for,for now....just email photo,or send a link to download from a cloud service......jeez MS is so 1994 when it comes to mobile computing

Most likely any limit on MMS is carrier side - it will ONLY go over carrier data.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It would at least be nice to be able to send full size images over email. There's no need to compress images over email. Atleast let the sender choose.

I usually just upload my images to IMGUR and then send whoever that link. IMGUR doesn't compress too bad.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry brother, I'm on AT&T and I read your post and then took a pic through my messenger using stock cam and also outside of the messenger with the stock cam app. both images went across crystal clear.

For the record Android does the same thing by downsizing the image before sending. Matter of fact it tells you that the image is too big for MMS, then show converting loading to a smaller size. With the 1520 I notice there is no wait for conversion. Went into my cam settings and I see that it says when an image is taken both high and low res are stored. This means that it will send the lower res right away without waiting. I have had the Sammy G Note 1, 2, & 3. in this instance 1520 has the droid beat. But, let us discuss things without trying to down another. Comparisons are good but the bashing does not help anyone it only shines light on individuals trying desperately to justify themselves or what they have.

I will try the email next and report back simply because i'm interested in the outcome...

Edited: I just sent myself the same two images via email. I used my AT&T email account to send to my Gmail account. On my phone:

1st image - 3072 X1728 / 1.60MB
2nd image - 3072 X 1728 / 1.62MB

Received in email:
1st image - 1632 X 918 / 333KB
2nd image - 1632 X 918 / 403KB

The images received are crystal clear I might add and the dimensions are smaller. For the record a touch smaller the HD imaging, which is 1920 X 1080. Some consider 1280 X 720 to be HD.

I hope this may help someone...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion