Why aren't group text messages working on Lumia 950 with AT&T?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Group text messages not working on Lumia 950 with Att

In group texts, I am either not getting them at all or I am only seeing one person's texts, although I can see several people are in the group thread. There does not seem to be a pattern with the people involved. I can send/receive texts from individuals so it's an issue with group texts.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Group text messages not working on Lumia 950 with Att

Texting is just buggy in Windows 10 at the moment. Give Feedback and hopefully an OS or Messaging app update will come along and fix it all for us.

ReverendSlim

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why aren't group text messages working on Lumia 950 with AT&T?

On my 950, I had to go in and manually add the APN for MMS messages. Not sure why, but it doesn't provision the settings from the SIM card, so I could send SMS to one person but group messages and pics weren't working out of the gate.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I am on ATT with lumia 950 ATT version and group texting works fine. I am on the latest fast ring build.

teresa_mae

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site

Can you give details on how you did that? I changed mine to wap.cingular but it has not helped. I am wondering if you used a different one or if maybe I made a mistake,

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Group text works fine on mine. Make sure you have Settings > System > Messaging > MMS group text set to On. Good luck getting past this.

yaguchi

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I having issues with getting one letter text from a person in group message anyone have this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786