Why can iOS 7 release

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Why can iOS 7 release at the same time globally to every device and windows takes months to roll out anything? Ms need to sort this out, its really depressing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Apple don't deal with the carriers which causing alot of problems with user connecting to there mobile data and other issues for not letting the carrier test the software out.

As well this a global update which was planned for a year which will be the same for Windows Phone 8.1 when it release at the beginning of next year.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
iPads don't have to go through carriers at all. So there's 200 million of those that are just direct even if iPhones had to go through carriers.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Why can iOS 7 release at the same time globally to every device and windows takes months to roll out anything? Ms need to sort this out, its really depressing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

What does Apple have? 6 or maybe 8 devices that are not carrier locked, they make their own phones (not really but sort of, if you get me) and their own OS.

What does MS have? Just the OS, which is sent to device makers like Nokia, Samsung, HTC etc., who work on it so each device gets its equivalent OS rather than a bag of pants. Some versions require carriers to bloat it. If you look at the big picture, thats what causes the delay. If MS made their own devices, they'd roll updates faster than Apple would and it'd be more innovate for real :)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine trying to update to iOS7 hasn't been able to even download the update yet after trying for hours. I don't know what the problem is but he said something like it keeps timing out.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine trying to update to iOS7 hasn't been able to even download the update yet after trying for hours. I don't know what the problem is but he said something like it keeps timing out.

Take a deep breathe and try updating after a mad rush of people leave the server load on apple.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This is why: BBC News - Security holes unearthed in Apple's iOS7
"Two security vulnerabilities have been discovered in Apple's new mobile operating system, less than 24 hours after its launch.

One flaw concerns a user's ability to recover their data if a device has been stolen. The much-vaunted "Find my iPhone" feature can be disabled be a thief simply by putting the iPhone or iPad into airplane mode, preventing the device from communicating.

The other flaw is potentially even more serious - allowing users' email and social networking accounts to be hijacked even when the user has locked and password-protected their phone"

:grincry: :grincry::grincry:

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I hate we are at the mercy of the carriers. I want ms to decide when to launch. IOS7 mostly smooth. We will be drip fed the 8.1 for phones defiantly where as 8.1 pro/rt will be bang, its live.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This is why: BBC News - Security holes unearthed in Apple's iOS7
"Two security vulnerabilities have been discovered in Apple's new mobile operating system, less than 24 hours after its launch.

One flaw concerns a user's ability to recover their data if a device has been stolen. The much-vaunted "Find my iPhone" feature can be disabled be a thief simply by putting the iPhone or iPad into airplane mode, preventing the device from communicating.

The other flaw is potentially even more serious - allowing users' email and social networking accounts to be hijacked even when the user has locked and password-protected their phone"

:grincry: :grincry::grincry:

Genius, simply. I wonder what'll be up with their fingerprint thing and these holes combined?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss