Why can't I change the home page in Internet Options?

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I can't change the home page in Internet Options

On my Win 10 Pro X 64 Laptop I go to Internet Options and would like to change the home page but the option to "use current" is grayed out. I use Firefox as my default browser and it opens the home page I want but in Edge I open the page I want to be the home page and the option to change it is grayed out. Everything I have tried this option is never available.

So, How do I change this? Get the button to "use current" to be not grayed out?

Thanks.

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: I can't change the home page in Internet Options

a possible add-on might be hijacking your edit ..check in tools to manage add-ons..!!

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

So you use firefox, and you want to use Edge and change your homepage? but you are doing it with Internet options?
I am sorry to tell you but Internet Options it's for Internet Explorer, not Edge.

if you want to personalize what sites open with Edge you can go to 3 dots menu, and settings and you find open with start page, last session and you can personalize your sites.

you can also activate Home button on advanced settings, and when you enable home button, it lets you personalize the site, usually its about:start but you can change it to anything. so anytime you press home button it will take you to the specific site you have. they are separated options, but they don't use Internet Options.

Last edited:

ChasMick

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site

Hello,

On the top right-hand corner of your browser you should see three horizontal dots ... First, copy the web address of the browser you want to see (keep) on your start-up page>click on the three dots ...>settings>Open Microsoft Edge with>A specific page or pages>+Add new page>paste new page>click on save symbol on right. And that's it

Good luck,

ChasMick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05