Why can't I flash back from Windows mobile 10 to WP8.1?

sirishsimon

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
why cant i flash back from windows mobile 10 to wp8.1

my lumia 830 doesn't flash back to wp8.1 using the windows devices recovery tool! the recovery tool says that the phone is going into the flashing mode but then suddenly the operation fails every time! I have reset the mobile too but of no use! please help, I wanna revert back to wp8.1

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: why cant i flash back from windows mobile 10 to wp8.1

There are two recovery apps to go back to WP 8.1. One is the newly named Windows Software Recovery program. It's for all WP devices I believer. I found it very hard to go back to 8.1 on my htc one M8 but finally got it to work. It takes time and patience.

The second option is the Lumia Recover app. It works for all Lumia devices and works really well.

Choose this one if you are using a Lumia/Nokia phone.

Hope this helps.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

My best guess is that there is a "connection" problem between your mobile and your PC. I would suggest to try another USB cable or another USB port on your PC.

sirishsimon

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

I have tried using another cable and another port but of no use.... And windows device recovery tool is the updated version of lumia recovery tool. It is a compulsary update to windows recovery tool. So i cant use lumia recovery tool. And nokia software updater does not recognice my phone or any lumias

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb