Why can't I update my HTC 8x Windows 8.1 to Widows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why i cannot update htc 8x windows 8.1 to widows 10?

I have htc 8x windows phone 8.1 i want to update it to windows 10 but it can not i tried windows insider;reset for it but it says that probably it is temporary with error 80188308 i tried it many times but it is still windows 8.1

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Problem is not that, HTC 8x is not capable to run Windows 10....
Infact Windows 10 Can run in your 8x perfectly !
Problem is that the WPRT (windows Phone recovery tool), which is used to recover windows Phone......
Is not compatible with your HTC 8x
And good news is that they are working on it.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: why i cannot update htc 8x windows 8.1 to widows 10?

Adding support to the tool is relatively easy. I think the biggest issue is making sure that they have all the files needed for reverting back to 8.1. This means working with carriers which is always i pain.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Problem is not that, HTC 8x is not capable to run Windows 10....
Infact Windows 10 Can run in your 8x perfectly !
Problem is that the WPRT (windows Phone recovery tool), which is used to recover windows Phone......
Is not compatible with your HTC 8x
And good news is that they are working on it.
I just plugged in my HTC 8x
to laptop and the recovery software recognizes my HTC 8X
asking me to boot reset
is this new

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I believe Microsoft is waiting for HTC to provide the recovery files for the 8X so the recovery tool can recover an 8X on Windows 10 back to Windows 8.1. If you run the recovery tool right now it indicates no files found on server. When the recovery tool has the recovery files then the 8X will get Windows 10.

Abhas Kumar1

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I believe Microsoft is waiting for HTC to provide the recovery files for the 8X so the recovery tool can recover an 8X on Windows 10 back to Windows 8.1. If you run the recovery tool right now it indicates no files found on server. When the recovery tool has the recovery files then the 8X will get Windows 10.

its very helpful of you thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss