Why cant i use google products on windows browsers?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This probably sounds crazy, but I cant seem to access youtube or gmail via edge or IE.*On my laptop or on my phone. I*am basically given a 404.*If I hope on FireFox on the same laptop, I have no issues using any of these sites. Its only*in Microsoft browsers.*There are no other websites that act the same way. It also doesn't matter if I am on Wifi or connected via my*AT&T network.

It is probably unrealistic to assume that google is doing something shady, but I have to say that it FEELS like they are blocking my windows browsers. Has anyone experienced this before?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If you are able to access these sites with Firefox, i would consider resetting edge browser.
here's a HTG link. How to Reset Your Web Browser To Its Default Settings
Let me know how things go for you!

Didn't see where it said anything about Edge, but I will assume that it uses the same Internet Settings as IE. I*followed those instructions and it didn't make a difference. I also cleared my history,*browser cache, and did a dns flush. Why would the issue happen in both IE and Edge? I am assuming shared settings but what settings could I be missing? And why would it also*affect my phone?

EDIT: I tried using an*Private window in Edge and it worked. Any idea what that could be?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! I'm not a edge fan. When I searched for your issue, a reset of the edge browser was recommended for a 404 error. That's the best I can do. If your not having this problem with Firefox, that should tell you that there's a problem with edge! I have no idea why it affects both your laptop and your phone.
Maybe other members will have suggestions for you!:wink:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That is strange, I've been using Edge for a while now because I find that it handles the multiple tabs I use for work related items of google docs, mail, calendar and what not better than chrome! On my Surface Pro 3.

If I need to do hangout video then I would have to open chrome however.

In private window works while your logged into your account?

How about trying to create a new user profile on your PC and log into that... maybe something corrupt in the user profile.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members