Why did Windows 10 reinstall itself on my desktop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had installed Windows 10 on my desktop about 6 months ago and have been using it since. When I got home from work tonight (Christmas Eve), I realized that my desktop was on. I usually leave it on sleep mode when I don't use it so I was curious why it was up and running? When I turned on my screen, I was surprised to see the "Updating to Windows 10" screen and it was at 32%. So for some reason, Windows 10 decided to reinstall itself on my desktop. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Should I be worried about my other machines that are also running Windows 10 (currently 2 other laptops)?

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Since Windows 10 is a "rolling distribution", it means you constantly have updates of windows 10 aka getting new builds.

Considering all builds are windows 10 and will remain windows 10, I am guessing they didn't change the greeting in the update process.

The rest of the process is however indicative of the typical windows 10 update procedure every time Microsoft pushes a huge update aka a new build.

So I myself will not sweat it that much, unless I start losing functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeMartinHater69