Why do I have autocomplete from GMail contacts when composing email?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Autocomplete from GMail contacts when composing email

This might not be a major issue for many people: one big problem I have is that I really need to be able to compose emails to my GMail contacts which their email addresses are saved in GMail and I don't know them by heart, but the Mail app included in Windows Phone cannot show the list of contacts from GMail or Yahoo.

This is the only reason that I cannot use my newly bought Lumia 1520 to compose emails, which I chose over LG G3 to buy while I had an old Xperia arc S and I used to compose emails so easily with its GMail exclusive app (which is developed by Google itself but unfortunately there's no such app for Windows Phone by Google).

One thing to notice is that if I compose email to some email address it will be put in AutoComplete cache of my phone. This is the most basic functionality that I can expect from a mail app, which of course is not synchronized with my laptop's outlook.

So.. Does anyone has the same problem or it's just me ?
And has anyone any workaround for this mess ?

Thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Autocomplete from GMail contacts when composing email

IDK what you've done different from me...

Settings > email + accounts > add account

I then input my 2 different gmail accounts, entered password and did the 2 Step cha-cha. One got labeled Google and one as Google 2. That made shortcuts in my apps list. (From the Start screen swipe left to right). I then pinned each shortcut to my Start screen.

When I'm in that email box and I want to compose, I only enter one letter of a person's first name in the "To:" field and I get all kinds of autocomplete choices based on RW name or email address... I'm not using any special client or App to do this.

1520.3 official 8.1 + Lumia Cyan, but it's been this way since I was on a 521 with 8.0 + Amber.

Ashkansk

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
That's weird ! In fact two weird things. The first is why the title of the post is changed since I created it ?

Second: It's weird that you have autocomplete ! I tried so many ways but couldn't achieve that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria