Why do I have update and app install error codes since updating to 8.1 OS.?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Update and app install error codes since updating to 8.1 OS.

Phone HTC 8xt, carrier is Sprint.

Apps updates like calendar, Skype, facebook will download but not fully install. Get error code 80073cf9.

Also having the issues where I can't receive photo messages in 4g mode but I see that is an issue that is still yet to be resolved by sprint.

I see Sprint is no longer offering Windows phones so I get the feeling that they are not in a big hurry to fix the issue and just want people to transition to iOS or android.

luckeeesmom

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
The error is with opening text photos that others send to me. It's pretty well documented in the 8xt section of the forum and also on the sprint website. I mentioned it in case it is somehow related to my primary concern:

I can download apps and app updates but, during the installation process after the app is downloaded, I get an error message that stops the whole process. When I restart it I get the same code. I thought it might be an issue with the update so, in the case of facebook, I uninstalled the program and then went to the store to just download the entire facebook app again and I still get the error code.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Update and app install error codes since updating to 8.1 OS.

FYI I got error code 80073cf9 today during the update of wechat but a few hours later I could update without a problem. (Lumia 925)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur Dent