Why do some tracks show artist art and some don't?

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I've set the music player to automatically download tags/album art etc from X-box music. Now the problem is that some tracks show artist information and some don't. The ones that do have their bio etc also shown. Even when I search for those artist in the Store, I can see my local tracks in 'collection'.

However that doesn't happen with most artists. Why is that? I'm not talking about vague artists, these are artists that have tracks available in the Store like Bon Jovi, Beyonce etc. I click their name in the store but nothing shows up under 'collection' even though songs by them exist in my phone with the correct names and all.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Careful though as that app leaves dummy files which are annoying to delete especially with a large music library

Don't they all have an underline at the beginning of the file name? Then that shouldn't be a problem if deleted on a computer, just sorted by name?

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
File name might be correct, but it might not have the correct ID3 tag to search for, and locate, the appropriate album cover.
The only ID3 tag it needs is the artist name. And I'm not talking about album cover, I'm talking about 'artist art' that appears in the main background in now playing.

NoLoveForFrank

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This one greatly confuses me, especially since I'm pretty anal when it comes to getting MP3 tags done properly. It's just so completely random and inconsistent. Metallica, Katy Perry and Kanye West get nothing but gray, but yet I get album art for The Birthday Massacre and Anouk? Not to mention it "supposedly" works great for "popular artists" but what about those of us who listen to foreign music or something more esoteric. I can get maybe having artist art for Guano Apes, but for Two Steps From ****? Die Prinzen? There really should be some sort of option to choose whether you want to use album art or artist art, as that giant gray locksceen is very offputting, especially if you want to show off the phone!

MPATool does work quite well, but there is one limitation. If album art exists for the artist, it cannot replace it. Some of the artists I get that have art it is so low in resolution that on the lock screen it looks utterly atrocious with pixellation.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I should really write a tutorial on this matter >.> since I've been getting it perfectly done.
Anyway @NoLoveForFrank, there may be love for you if we have the same taste in music even then if you wanna contribute that would be awesome as well. We can collaborate!

Read this for artist images forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/214820-wp8-artist-images.html

P.S.

You MUST reenable xbox music service options to get the artist images. Just listen to a sample song and it gets tagged

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12