Why does Google hold events on days Microsoft has already chosen for big events?

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is something that just occured to me. Microsoft always comes out with dates for big events and after a few days you also hear Google planning an event on that same day; time and location may vary though. For example; Google released the soo called Motorola Droids the same day Microsoft talked about Windows Phone 8...I think a couple of months ago. Now Microsoft has planned Windows Phone 8 launch on October 29th and as you all know from last week, Google has also planned to release the next Nexus on that same day....Now is this a coincidence or Foul play??

Foul play in a sense to divide the number of techies who will attend these events....as you know these two giant companies don't go along very well (Google being too stingy with Microsoft and even refusing to release offical apps for Windows Phone.....and what pains me a lot is Microsoft always taking care of them by releasing beautiful apps and better servicies to Android)....but this is a different discussion alltogether.

What do you think??

Last edited:

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
...because there are the trolls of the tech world, having Eric Schmidt as chairman speaks for it self, the jack *** of the tech industry

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's just the way the tech world works. It's basically overtaken and run by the low class, no class geeks, nerds and techies that got picked on, made fun of, and beat up in school. They brought in a kind of Gorilla warfare into the marketplace and replaced the suit and tie wearing industry personnel that once ran the business. Think about the rise and fall of I.B.M. The suits were over run by the shorts and flip flops. Microsoft eventually became one of the suits and Google is still trying to run it's business as one of the shorts and flip flops. Apple, well, they are a suit, but it's more like a casual Friday kind of mentality at the home office.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why shouldn't they? Its a multi billion dollar industry, and google want the prime slice.

If anything its a good sign that google are showing WP enough attention to want to try and take the sparkle off it.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Basically, by having their event on the same day, Google, being the big number, gets all the attention. Windows is then left to be forgotten about. They know of the threat of WP. They don't want it overtaking Android, they want it dead, pure and simple. No attention for MS means much less sales for WP, which means less dev attention, which means people turn away from WP, which means the platform gets killed off by MS, which means Google then turn to BB10 to stop it coming into the big light, which means RIM then kills off BB10, which they then turn to stop Apple, and fail hilariously. They want the monopoly in the mobile phone world.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Google does anything by accident

Dave you really think so? For me I see it this way; Google hates everything about Microsoft because Microsoft is their prime competitor although they don't wanna make it clear enough to be known and always talking about Apple. Google tried and achieved everything Microsoft had when they came into the Tech industry:

For example:
When Google came, there was Bing yet still they challenged it and introduced Google search.
There was Internet explorer and they introduced Chrome browser.
Now, Windows Phone : Of course Google finds it a threat, a pretty big one. After Samsung lost the battle with apple, Google is kinda scared that their biggest client, Samsung, might go around and make more WP instead. There is also the nostalgic popularity of Nokia, which did come back in play with the Lumia line.

So google does try to minimize the impact of Microsoft over its domains as much as possible.
Sometimes too, I think Microsoft SLEPT too much and ignored a lot of these Google challenges for some of these Google products to overun them...and now they are waking up.

Last edited:

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems pretty hollow anyways. Microsoft is about to release WP8, RT Tablets, Windows 8 and their entire ecosystem. That is massive.

Google is releasing a phone the same day.

Yeah - I'm not too worried.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
How many times has it worked though? Look at the Motorola announcement in September... Nobody cared because everyone was busy looking at Nokia. Only Samsung has enough clout to overshadow others.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's just the way the tech world works. It's basically overtaken and run by the low class, no class geeks, nerds and techies that got picked on, made fun of, and beat up in school. They brought in a kind of Gorilla warfare into the marketplace and replaced the suit and tie wearing industry personnel that once ran the business. Think about the rise and fall of I.B.M. The suits were over run by the shorts and flip flops. Microsoft eventually became one of the suits and Google is still trying to run it's business as one of the shorts and flip flops. Apple, well, they are a suit, but it's more like a casual Friday kind of mentality at the home office.

Exactly and since Google's Android is an Open source, a lot of flip flops will join and this is exactly what is bound to happen. I like your analogy... :)

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Basically, by having their event on the same day, Google, being the big number, gets all the attention. Windows is then left to be forgotten about. They know of the threat of WP. They don't want it overtaking Android, they want it dead, pure and simple. No attention for MS means much less sales for WP, which means less dev attention, which means people turn away from WP, which means the platform gets killed off by MS, which means Google then turn to BB10 to stop it coming into the big light, which means RIM then kills off BB10, which they then turn to stop Apple, and fail hilariously. They want the monopoly in the mobile phone world.

EXCELLENT PONTS Paladinleeds and that's exactly what I see happening and thus Google choosing Microsoft days of events and causing low attention because if you are not a real Windows Phone lover and fan, I doubt you'll even read Windows phone news how much more attend WP events. Google then steals and stops potential developers from going to MS events (Google knows developers going to MS events will make them excited about the OS and make them wanna try and develop for it....and Google knows if developers develop for WP OS, they'll love it and wanna stay with the OS and leaving Android for good) So it's better to stop these developers or steal half of them from going to WP events in the first place.

Last edited:

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems pretty hollow anyways. Microsoft is about to release WP8, RT Tablets, Windows 8 and their entire ecosystem. That is massive.

Google is releasing a phone the same day.

Yeah - I'm not too worried.

Yeah you have a good point there but I bet you, just a Google phone release will prevent some people from going to the MS event. And you know what, it's not just a phone, it's a Nexus...their pure line for their developers and you know how Android die-hard fanboys are, it's kinda difficult to distract them from Android....they are too attracted and attched to it like it's their life support. Anyway we just hope Microsoft succeeds. :)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Google targets Microsoft at every opportunity, while sending their CEO forth to claim that Microsoft isn't important or even on their radar.

Read between the lines. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)