Why does my Lumia 930 go to a blank screen during a call?

victorsrinivas

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 930 going blank screen during a call

Hi,

Recevied a new 930 with 8.1 denim update.
Found a idiotic problem.

When a call is started and the device is brought near the ear, the screen turns blank.
I can't end the call or even see something on the device. Even after the call has ended, we have to wake up the phone by pressing the button atleast 2 times.
how can it be resolved. Is there a way to turn of the proximity sensor.

Please suggest.

Srinivas
RegardsS

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 930 going blank screen during a call

Turning off the screen when the device is brought up to the ear is normal operation.
Not turning back on is a problem.

first, I'd remove any screen protectors, make sure the top part of the glass, around the earpiece is clean.

You may need service because if the proximity sensor isn't being blocked by anything, it could be faulty.

victorsrinivas

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
thank you.

but the screen does not appear back after the device is brought away from the ear.:crying:
This is a new piece and I've not yet put any screen protector too. The earpiece is also clean.

Is there a way to turn off the proximity sensor using some app, or updates?

Regards
Srinivas Kumar

tomassi11

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

That it's a bad manufacturing problem... I'll try to explain why. I bet if you look at the top of the screen and press it down into the metal border you will see that screen goes down easily. You can compare it doing the same on down side and you'll see there is no movement (or not the same as up side).

The glue under screen it's on bad condition, and it's too much soft probably by overheating. That's the real problem, the overheating of the unit you have.

I changed my 930 for three times, until I got one unit with no issues. The first one had screen problems (flickering a lot), the second one had the problem I described above, and finally I have a third unit with no issues till now (I'm crossing my fingers).

Surprisingly (or not) I have the best battery life with third unit... less heat, more battery life. The first and the second one unit could not lasted for a day, and both were too hot when I used it. So, I understand that the heating is the main real problem with some 930 units, and it can be treated and solved by technical support from Nokia/Microsoft.

Sorry about my english, I'm trying to improve it. I wish I was able to help you.

Greetings from Spain!

Bye :wink:

Last edited:

victorsrinivas

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Thank you very much.
First of all, thanks for your English. It is very good :)

My unit does not get overheated. It has 8.1 denim update.
And I didn't understand much about the pressing on the top part.
I am also planning to get a replacement. Let me check and update the same to you all. :)

Regards,
Srinivas

Marcello Benati

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Fix your screen lift issue. I bought my Lumia 930 from Amazon with no warranty and was ready to get another device but then decided to look at the issue and tried this and it worked for me.

My screen kept going blank during calls. No more.

Materials needed:

1) Tiny screw driver or push pin ( Run it along where the glass touches the aluminum frame and try lifting it lightly!)

2) LocTite Super Glue: UltraGel Control ($4.79)

Step 1: Find the spot where the screen is coming up

Step 2: Pry the screen fully off. It is only held on by some black sticky stuff. Very easy to remove (and to see why it failed). There is a single ribbon cable attaching the screen to the body. Plenty of room to work- But do not pull too tight

Step 3: Apply a thin bead of super glue around the edges of the body, and a bit more on the flat spots on the top and bottom. Stay away from the important parts so when you push it down nothing gets in there. Remember here less is more.

Step 4: Push the screen down and wipe away excess glue immediately (if you're good, there won't be any)-

It's really not as scary as it sounds. But obviously if you mess it up you're SOL. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2