Why does the time need to reset when battery runs out?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why does the time need to reset when battery runs out

Hello Forum,

Each time the battery runs out on my Band2 I have to reset the time after I charge it back up. This is so annoying. I can't think of any gadget where you have to continuously reset the time when it has been recharged.

Can someone shed some light on this please.

Regards

Carlton

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why does the time need to reset when battery runs out

Hello Forum,

Each time the battery runs out on my Band2 I have to reset the time after I charge it back up. This is so annoying. I can't think of any gadget where you have to continuously reset the time when it has been recharged.

Can someone shed some light on this please.

Regards

Carlton

I'm curious as to how the battery runs out frequently for you. You don't have a spare power bank or charger nearby?

Have you considered taking it back to where you bought it for checking?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why does the time need to reset when battery runs out

Tracking time is a active process and requires power. So it's understandable that it needs to be reset when it runs out. It doesn't have room for a second battery (CMOS battery) like you find with a PC or laptop.

But if your phone is nearby, I do wonder why it can't sync up and get the date/time from it. That's how it stays on-time.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine stopped keeping the time and date when the battery would run out shortly before the known issue of the failed battery connection occurred on my Band. I had to have it (my Band) replaced, now there are no issues when the battery runs out, it keeps the date and time as expected.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
When I did RF testing, I could shut down the band and it would advise that the time/date needed to be reset.

If the band shuts down gracefully due to low battery, it may be able to keep the clock running. But if it dies because of the battery cable is broken, it can't.

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
it shouldn't Is synced either to your phone or you can manually set it either way it shouldn't be off that much unless the person wearing it offset it. try factory resetting it that might help. you won't lose any steps or anything but sync it before you do it but it will reset everything to 0 on the band but not in the app.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
it shouldn't Is synced either to your phone or you can manually set it either way it shouldn't be off that much unless the person wearing it offset it. try factory resetting it that might help. you won't lose any steps or anything but sync it before you do it but it will reset everything to 0 on the band but not in the app.

Slight correction: You will eventually lose your steps for the day, up until the time you did the reset and the Band began counting again from zero. It will appear as though steps weren't affected, but once the device syncs again, steps will reset to whatever the Band is registering. When possible, I try to do a reset early in the morning so as not to lose a lot of steps. It is correct that you will not lose any sleep data or activities that have been recorded, as long as they have been synced to the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos