Why doesnt Cortana announce or read SMS messages after I installed the preview on my Lumia 630

W

WPCentral Question

After I installed the preview on my Lumia 630 Cortana has stopped announcing or working at all with my SMS messages. Is there a way to correct this or is this just a known issue?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
After I installed the preview on my Lumia 630 Cortana has stopped announcing or working at all with my SMS messages. Is there a way to correct this or is this just a known issue?

If it was not known yet than it's known now so thank you.
Please feedback this also to Microsoft.
Yes it will be fixed in an update.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It was announced ahead of time that Cortana would not be as robust in the TP as it is on Official WP.

The point of you getting on the TP is so you can provide feedback to Microsoft via the Insider App. Why are you not doing this? What is the point of posting here?

Report your bugs as you are supposed to... Or there is no reason for you top have the TP.

cmingram69

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I have already reported this via the TP hub. I simply wondered if I was missing something in setting up Cortana. This was a basic feature in 8 so I presumed it would carry over. I then came to this sight to ask the simple question for which I recieved rather rude reply's. Thanks for your insight.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We have a lot of "hackerz" trying an unauthorized copy of a Beta Test and expecting buttery smooth operation. It simply isn't going to work that way and we are trying our best to sort through all the questions.

If there is a workaround for these issues it is TIME. Waiting for the Beta test to advance and a LEGITIMATE copy being offered for your device might be the best help for this, or any issue.

Given the nature of how you arrived at where you are... How is it you expect a quick fix for problems that were not foreseen by anticipating every hack method that might occur? Additionally, if you had read into all the wealth of materials regarding the TP you would have stood a good chance of knowing Cortana isn't coming with full functionality in early builds.

Your sense of entitlement may be affecting the spirit in which you hear the advice given...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa