Why doesn't Microsoft sell the Xbox One power supply separately?

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft sells every Xbox One accessory except the power supply separately from the console. Why don't they sell the power supply? What if your console's power supply becomes defective? What if you got a power supply with the wrong input voltage rating?

The Xbox One power supply is excellent. What I like most about it is that it is very quiet. The problem is that it is not autovolt. I bought a US version of the Xbox One. Its power supply supports an input voltage of 120V only. Unfortunately, my country's AC voltage is 220V. So I bought a third-party power supply. It was autovolt. But it was also very unbearably loud. So I constructed a baffle to enclose the power supply in order to keep its noise down. It is not an ideal solution. I would rather buy an official Xbox One power supply that supports 220V. Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't sell it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
For the record, my Xbox One power supply is incredibly loud too. It's louder than my Xbox One and almost as loud as my Xbox 360!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, cant hear mine but, it is behind a cabinet, so maybe I just never noticed it....I'll have to check that out next time I boot up the "1"....

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
For the record, my Xbox One power supply is incredibly loud too. It's louder than my Xbox One and almost as loud as my Xbox 360!
Was it also a third-party power supply? I have never found a third-party power supply that wasn't loud. In contrast, the original power supply from Microsoft is quiet. That is why I want to buy the official power supply from Microsoft.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Was it also a third-party power supply? I have never found a third-party power supply that wasn't loud. In contrast, the original power supply from Microsoft is quiet. That is why I want to buy the official power supply from Microsoft.

Nah Microsoft Original. Doesn't bother me too much as I have a server and a few computers running constantly anyway. All their combined hums help me fall asleep. lol (although my bedroom feels like a microwave at times)

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Nah Microsoft Original. Doesn't bother me too much as I have a server and a few computers running constantly anyway. All their combined hums help me fall asleep. lol (although my bedroom feels like a microwave at times)
Strange. If you consider the original power supply as loud, then you would be shocked at how much louder the third-party power supply is. My third-party power supply competed in loudness with my window air conditioner.

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I received the Ortz power supply that I ordered from Amazon. I am glad to say that it is indeed much quieter than the other 3rd party power supply I used. I no longer need to use baffle I made for the other power supply. The sound of the Ortz power supply is barely audible. I coudn't even hear it when I switch on the air conditioner. I'm satisfied.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb