Why doesn't surface pro 4 have sd card slot

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
island barbie, both the surface pro 4 and the 2017 surface pro have micro sd cards readers. why they dont have full sized sd card readers, i dont know. do you mind posting in the correct forum section? this is for the surface laptop.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I haven't either.

If you're taking about a Micro SIM, then yeah. It won't for because they're made too be a different size for this exact reason.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
She's obviously talking about Sim card.

There will be a Surface Pro releasing latter on in the year that will support your verizon sim card.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Damn, so I bought the wrong s4 ??????

No you didn't.

There was only one surface pro 4.

Only recently (this week), Microsoft announced an upgraded version to the surface pro 4 which is called "Surface Pro". This is not available right now and will begin selling in June. There will then be a second version of this "Surface Pro" that will support sim cards... This will begin selling in September.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Damn, so I bought the wrong s4 😢

No you didn't.

There was only one surface pro 4.

Only recently (this week), Microsoft announced an upgraded version to the surface pro 4 which is called "Surface Pro". This is not available right now and will begin selling in June. There will then be a second version of this "Surface Pro" that will support sim cards... This will begin selling in September.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm so confused. Verizon Mifi creates a mobile hotspot. So ANY device can connect to your Mifi device including the Surface Pro 4. You don't need a SIM of any variety to connect to Verizon Mifi. Just a wifi connection as if you're connecting to a router.

The purpose of having LTE built into a machine is so that you don't need any kind of hotspot device. The LTE machine would directly use its LTE connection to connect to the Internet.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm so confused. Verizon Mifi creates a mobile hotspot. So ANY device can connect to your Mifi device including the Surface Pro 4. You don't need a SIM of any variety to connect to Verizon Mifi. Just a wifi connection as if you're connecting to a router.

The purpose of having LTE built into a machine is so that you don't need any kind of hotspot device. The LTE machine would directly use its LTE connection to connect to the Internet.

This!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb