Why don't I have a Windows 10 mobile photos backup?

inamukak

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile-no photos backup

Hi everyone

I just noticed that my photos on my lumia 920 ( on windows 10 mobile) are not being uploaded to OneDrive. I can't even find the option for it in the settings for photos. I did a search for photos in the main settings menu and couldn't find it there either. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile-no photos backup

Which build are you on? I'm currently on 10166 and it works. It didn't work in the previous build tho

inamukak

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm on build 10166. I was under the impression they were being uploaded but when I tried to access them today on onedrive, I couldn't find them. Was a shocker...

watchaa

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

Me too.
Photos + OneDrive backup are the worst things on windows 10.
Don't work for me too.

kobe_mvp

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

the option is in the onedrive app, but it doesnt work, some reported it works but it never work for me, so i would say it is not reliable at this time, leaning toward unusable, but the "include video" option always pop back to off for me

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site

My 1520.3 doesn't upload to OneDrive either. So, I just moved them via my PC. I await an up date. We're on preview guys, we must chill.

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Well not only does it not automatically work consistently (I have been able to get it to upload a few photos on its own), but I'm even having trouble manually uploading. Some how the processes get stuck and it may upload a few photos at a time, but never all that I select. It gets so stuck that when I try to cancel the upload, it won't even do it. I have to log all the way out of my account on the phone and then sign back in for the photos to cancel the upload process.

inamukak

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm not able to do even that. It clearly shows my name and account but doesn't do anything. What I don't get is, why would they remove the option from the settings menu, it doesn't make any sense...

RussEby

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm using an HTC One with Win10Mobile and the OneDrive App is where I found the settings. That being said, not sure what triggers the upload. I can take a picture and it uploads it quickly or most likely it does it when it wants. Would be nice to a "dang it, do it now" button.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's in the OneDrive app? The link in the camera settings brings you there but it only dumps you in OneDirve. I can't figure it out. I don't have any photos backed up from this build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb