Why don't I have any audio on video recordings on my 640 XL dual on Windows 10 Mobile?

Steve Nt

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
No audio on video recording on 640 XL dual on Windows 10 mobile

Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10 mobile on my MS 640 XL dual and I was very pleased with the results and UI UNTIL I tried a video recording (with MS Camera, of course). The video was fine but there was no sound recorded at all. I have gone back to 8.1 and I can use Lumia Camera without any sound or video problems. I noticed also when on Windows 10 mobile that "Mini Recorder", a neat little audio recorder, wouldn't work at all.

(I have Windows 10 mobile running on my Lumia 925 and audio recording is OK when recording videos.)

Any good advice about the MS 640 XL audio recording from knowledgeable folk welcome.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: No audio on video recording on 640 XL dual on Windows 10 mobile

Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10 mobile on my MS 640 XL dual and I was very pleased with the results and UI UNTIL I tried a video recording (with MS Camera, of course). The video was fine but there was no sound recorded at all. I have gone back to 8.1 and I can use Lumia Camera without any sound or video problems. I noticed also when on Windows 10 mobile that "Mini Recorder", a neat little audio recorder, wouldn't work at all.

(I have Windows 10 mobile running on my Lumia 925 and audio recording is OK when recording videos.)

Any good advice about the MS 640 XL audio recording from knowledgeable folk welcome.
?
Check Store -> Hamburget tab -> Updates -> Search, if there any core app updates pending, all apps should update themselves in Win10 version were available.

Lumia Camera in Win10 was dismissed for Microsoft Camera.

Elsewhere, check Settings -> Privacy if Microphone is allowed in all apps

Steve Nt

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

I did the check for updates and then updated the phone.

I didn't check that the privacy settings allowed the microphone but I suspect they did because access to the microphone by apps is allowed by default. Still I'll double-check next time if I ever try the Windows 10 Mobile update again.

I hope I haven't got the same problem as some 930 owners whose sound recording died after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile.

Yes, Lumia Camera is not installed with Windows 10 Mobile but I don't think I said it was.

Thanks for writing in.

After going back to 8.1 and then re-upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile the audio recording problem solved itself.

Last edited:

skiahh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

After I upgraded to W10, I went through and turned everything off, including the mic. Still worked for the phone, but I had to turn it back on to get it to record audio along with video (and then disable each app; Camera wasn't on the list).

Could have been as simple as that. When you re-installed W10, it turns all that stuff on by default... so MS can have access to it all.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

After I upgraded to W10, I went through and turned everything off, including the mic. Still worked for the phone, but I had to turn it back on to get it to record audio along with video (and then disable each app; Camera wasn't on the list).

Could have been as simple as that. When you re-installed W10, it turns all that stuff on by default... so MS can have access to it all.
Whagt do you think droids and istuffs do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923