Why has my network changed from 3g to 2g?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why change network 3g to 2g

Hlo... M buying Nokia Lumia 730 two months ago it's very good smartphone but when m using high speed internet connection is changed 3G to 2G automatically pls help Nokia n Microsoft
My email address is..... <private e-mail removed> hope nokia n Microsoft fixed this. Problem very soon n am also trying 8 operator but evry time connection changed ..thnx 😢

Last edited by a moderator:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: why change network 3g to 2g

Hello

We are not affiliated with either Nokia or Microsoft. However, we have many knowledgeable members who may be able to help you.

I removed your private e-mail address fro your post. You should never share such private information on a public internet forum. If you want to be contacted directly, please register on our site. This will allow you to be contacted directed through our private messaging service.

Thank you.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The phone chooses networks based on strength and stuff.
It picks the best available network, going down the list from 4G, to 3G, then 2G depending on reception.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

You only can get 4G if
- Your phone support this . Does it the 730 (dual sim) or the 735 (single sim)?
- You have a data plan which includes 4G (so your provider must have a 4G network and you have to "pay" for this.) So do you have a 4G dataplan.
- The area where your are must have 4G coverage. Even if you area has 4G there can be "dead" spot like in buildings ect. So if you move around you never have 4G
- If your phone does not "see" 4G than it automatically change to 3 or 2G that isnot a mistake from your phone.

Because I do not have answeres on above questions I do not know why you do not have 4G

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo