Why haven't I got the Windows 10 invite in task bar yet?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

why haven't i got win 10 invite in task bar yet

I have legal copy of win 7,have logged on and off a least a dozen times sine the 29th. Evan tried looking in setup at GWXTriggers it all looks right but clicking on run does nothing.
any ideas?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
This tool will take you through the necessary troubleshooting steps. I've examined the text in the batch file, and there is nothing malicious (at this moment at least) in the file. I used it on my own machine and found that I was missing a second update required.

Instructions: How to display the Windows 10 upgrade icon if it is not visible - gHacks Tech News
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u0au9xgy6ss18p/win10fix_full.zip?dl=0

I ran as admin, but it came across an unexpected error and immediately crashes. What do I do?​

Apparently I'm missing gwx.exe. SOMEHOW it got deleted. Is there a way I can get that file and/or reset my registry as well so that I can get this darn notification?

Last edited:

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I ran as admin, but it came across an unexpected error and immediately crashes. What do I do?​

Apparently I'm missing gwx.exe. SOMEHOW it got deleted. Is there a way I can get that file and/or reset my registry as well so that I can get this darn notification?

I believe it comes in KB3035583, check your "Optional Updates" in Windows Update.

rajeshontheweb

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
> update all optional and important updates from windows update, this normally helps

>If you didn't find KB3035583 as mentioned earlier in automatic updates, try to download it using a browser it gives you system readiness information and starts alerting your for windows 10 invite.

> As a last resort, you might try the media creation tool for windows 10

This tool serves two purposes: (a) upgrade your pc in place, like the invitation does (I suppose) (b) creates an iso or usb disk to update windows 10 on any supported device (beware, you will need your windows key to proceed with this tool and it might help you do a clean install - without leaving any copy of your existing windows 7 or 8)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes