Why I Hate Instagram

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I enjoyed the read, especially about how people say it's about the social aspect. Like with pictures on facebook, most people don't care about the pictures of others, they just want others to give their pictures attention. Well unless it's the pervs that use it to check out mirror pics of chicks.

I should warn you that you're probably going to get flamed by a rowdy bunch of teenagers soon!

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Instagram is full of kids posting nonsense pictures. Fhotoroom was good for a while on WP8 but now it's the same as Instagram. My only hope right now is EyeEm/Flickr and possibility for a Tumblr app. Oh and Molome of course.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Flickr app on Windows Phone is rather outdated tho, it could look so much better. Hope we get an update soon.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The Flickr app on Windows Phone is rather outdated tho, it could look so much better. Hope we get an update soon.

The regular Flickr app has a HUGE limitation in that it will only load 20 sets. I have over 12,000 photos in 310 sets, so 20 sets is useless. I use Flickr Manager app and have been pleased.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So you don't really hate Instagram, but the manner in which its used? Cause that's all I took from your blog post. I mean, I hate how some people use Facebook to brag about their business they really should keep private. But I don't hate Facebook. And I easily ignore or block stuff I don't want to see.

And I know plenty of people who don't repost their Instagram pictures on Facebook or Twitter (which I believe you can't even do anymore with the latter)

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I do hate their exclusionary ways. They wont develop for WP and they wont let indie devs properly develop either. I'm not sure how you didn't get that out of my blog.

I don't like the limited functionality either. Square crops and a stunningly finite crop of filters means tons of the same stuff is put out. That's on Instagram too.

You can still share to Twitter. It just will show a link instead of the preview.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I do hate their exclusionary ways. They wont develop for WP and they wont let indie devs properly develop either. I'm not sure how you didn't get that out of my blog.

I don't like the limited functionality either. Square crops and a stunningly finite crop of filters means tons of the same stuff is put out. That's on Instagram too.

You can still share to Twitter. It just will show a link instead of the preview.

So you would like Instagram if they developed for WP or allowed third party developers to do so?

As for the services feature set, you are not required to use them. Edit your photos elsewhere and then post them.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So you would like Instagram if they developed for WP or allowed third party developers to do so?

As for the services feature set, you are not required to use them. Edit your photos elsewhere and then post them.

I won't use the app at all. I don't like their editing and I already have robust social networks if I need to show off a great shot.

Yes, I would hate them less if they weren't playing platform partisan games. I still won't use it, but I'd refrain from thinking that they were small minded, anti-MS types.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster