Why I keep going back to my HTC One X while I'm using my Nokia Lumia 920

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys if you don't have the patience to go though the post, don't bother with reply. Each day the forum is getting filled with clowns. The OP gave a very honest review of WP from his perspective and he gave a nice and thorough explanation in ways the platform under-performs in some areas, unlike many WP haters out there. At least have the courtesy to reply to his post in an equal manner.

To nashid_ashraf,Bhai ami toh aki shomosshai asi. :)

I totally agree. I am a big windows phone fan, but recently bought an HTC One X and sold my Lumia 900 to someone who desperately needed it. I can say that I miss my Lumia a lot, which is why I've taken to the forums and Google to look up the pros and cons of my new device (haven't used android since I broke my Skyrocket and bought a Lumia last year). I have to say that this was somewhat helpful. I expected a little from the WP community as I love the forums and we conduct ourselves here WAAAAYYYY better than Crackberry and Androidforums, and with all the people that just come to our site to bash, I thought some would appreciate someone giving their thorough opinion about both devices they use.

Anyhow, thank you OP for the insight. We are sort of different because I prefer to have the 920 over my HTC One X, but maybe I'm just stuck in my ways and am spoiled off the fluidity of WP. However, I may give the thing a little chance before switching again.

nothingsfactory

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
can I bump an old thread?

nahid bro... I hope you still have your 920 and have upgraded to WP 8.1 dev preview. even if you didn't, I think the black update has taken care of some issues you have had.

personally, i'm a bit surprised that you expected a platform that was still a toddler, to be at par with the big brothers. but the toddler is definitely catching on, if you still follow WP.

nashid_ashraf

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
can I bump an old thread?

nahid bro... I hope you still have your 920 and have upgraded to WP 8.1 dev preview. even if you didn't, I think the black update has taken care of some issues you have had.

personally, i'm a bit surprised that you expected a platform that was still a toddler, to be at par with the big brothers. but the toddler is definitely catching on, if you still follow WP.

Thanks, mate. Thread bumped after a long time, indeed. I'd forgotten about this.

There have been a lot of positive changes but I sold my Lumia 920 a LONG time ago. You point is very valid that I shouldn't have expected an OS that'd be on par with others who had been in the smartphone game for a considerably longer time. My One X gave up and I'm currently using an iPhone 5S which I've gotten bored of very quickly. I'm selling the iPhone and getting an HTC One M8. Android is the OS for me. But if I had to choose, I'd probably choose WP8 because of it's smooth performance. (I just with the Kindle app synced personal documents. Sigh!)

I'm quite tempted by the Lumia 930 but I'll probably wait another couple of years before seriously considering WP as my primary phone. Cheers. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gosseykapu