Why is Cortana stating a different address than my true location when I ask what my location is?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cortana is stating a different address than my true location when I ask what my location is

Running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cortana is stating a different address than my true location when I ask what my location is

How are you connecting to the Internet? It is probably reading the nearest "hub" from your IP.

No GPS on your laptop, right?

Mine is pretty accurate actually. If you feel it should be better, check your Location permissions.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

pratok69

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
When I first tried setting up my 925 with Here drive and My Commute/Cortana my GPS address was a couple of numbers off. It showed correct location on the map but the actual address was wrong. I read somewhere it was the info in the mapping data and that you could contact someone (Bing maps) and have it corrected. Kinda like your caller id info connected to your cell phone number. I emailed Bing maps and got a canned response. Not sure if it will eventually get corrected or not. If the address was correct it would allow more functionality with Cortana...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it just off a little bit then?

Where I live in an apartment complex, the distance from the office (official address) puts me off just a touch. I don't sweat it. My geofence reminders still work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny