Why is GSMArena's 1020 review still not out?

Michael Spencer

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Usually GSMArena's flagship review is spot on time. But that's not the case with 1020.

Is it because it's not out in EU yet? (It hasn't stopped them writing brief review before)

Are they taking some money from Samsung to delay it? :amaze:

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Are there any European based blog reviews out there ? There might be some sort of a an embargo on them until they release withing the EU

arena's HQ is in Bulgaria btw

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have always thought that GSMarena reviews are a bit late compared to some major blogs. Though like vlad0 said, Lumia 1020 is only out for AT&T and no Euro version is yet selling anywhere.
Their review is really the only one I care. I have usually researched the device before it comes out so that I know everything generic that the likes of Engadget, The Verge etc will mention.
Where GSMArena shines is the very detailed sound quality via 3.5mm jack review, proper battery test and camera review. All things that pretty much no other site reviews properly, especially the sound quality part.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Their audio test is the best I've seen... really curious how the 1020 will do, should be way better than the 920.

GSMarena have an office in the US as well.. NYC if I am not mistaken.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Their audio test is the best I've seen... really curious how the 1020 will do, should be way better than the 920.

GSMarena have an office in the US as well.. NYC if I am not mistaken.
I'm looking forward to it too. I'm curious to see how loud the 1020 speakers are as well.

Let's see if that lanyard slot is a plus...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss