Why is my phone hanging and unable to turn on mobile data?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hanging and unable to turn on mobile data

I just bought this Microsoft 640 XL two days back and it was fine during the initial set up. But just the next moment it started hanging while making outgoing calls. Also it has issues while detecting and working on the Mobile Data, am unable to surf using the mobile data most of the times. Not sure if its the software issue or just my phone. I will have to restart the phone for every alternative outgoing call as it gets hanged. It's highly disgusting and disappointing as I am a regular Lumia user. Please advise !!!!!!!

Eby Das

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: hanging and unable to turn on mobile data

Hi, I also have the same problem....I am also using lumia 640xl... my phone get stuck when I try to turn on the mobile data...then I have to restart the phone...someone please help to resolve this issue..

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Try soft reset. If that doesn't work, try hard reset followed by "fresh install" and not from previous backup.
I upgraded my 640 XL to WP10 build .218 (official OTA).
I Did a hard reset and fresh install post OS update. Mine works fine and has no issues.

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

SANJAY PARIKH

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: hanging and unable to turn on mobile data

When I start both wifi and mobile data, celluler and Sim menu hang up in 640 XL. If I remove one sim and restart, Cellular and Sim menu starts, If I enter 2nd sim and switch on phone, menu is yet working. But after some time, this menu hangs up. Anyone have simular problem in past? Any solution for this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa