Why is Windows better than Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think your a bit misguided on iOS and Mac OS. you can edit video and photos on iOS. Its probably still better on the surface, but you can still do it. Also, since when has flash EVER been a selling point? Its one of those old internet remnants that most would rather forget. And Mac can still do it, you just can't use safari. But you can just use chrome on the Mac.

And how is iOS "fisher price"?

Also, I keep hearing people using words like productivity and work when it comes to the surface and windows, but what about FUN? seriously, how is that enjoyable?

I know were on a windows site and all, but we shouldn't spread misinformation. Instead, what about windows is better? We can discuss that. And how does productivity and work make it enjoyable to use? I care more about that then work

You can edit photos and videos you take on your device. I am talking about using an actual camera and then using your Ipad to edit them, or print them using a normal printer (not wireless as most places don't have wireless setup on their printers). IOS is fisher price as its childish in its implementation. icons, bland boring and childish. Again, my son's leap pad has a more advanced interface. I have more fun on my windows based devices than I ever have on my crapple products. I travel ALOT, and use my cameras ALOT, I get out and see places and take lots of photos and videos of our trips. We load up our jeep and go in the backcountry, explore, camp, eat great food cooked in the outdoors. Come back to where we are staying, I plug in my camera to my windows tablet via USB, with my storage drive plugged into the same USB port, and edit and transfer my photos to my drive. That's a lot more fun than playing crappy games or facetiming. FUN Is PRODUCTIVITY. Apple products are for consumption, Windows based prodcuts are for doing things, not viewing things. for god sakes don't use apple maps for trying to find something. My son tried that one day and it led him to the opposite side of town, My here drive app got me right to where we want to everytime we travel. Add in an awesome off line back country mapping program that allows GB's of sat imagry to be downloaded to a hard drive and still navigate. Something that cannot be done with an ipad again. I have about 400 gbs worth of different mapping that we use, impossible on ipad. Don't mention icloud storage as it does not work in the back country. Hell you even have to buy a separate GPS module for the ipad, where as the vivotab I use has it built in. Plus better battery life as well. Again. apple in their locked down glory made their products so un useful.

Our two vivotabs will be replaced with SP3's in the very near future when they arrive, The stylus I use now, is not near as awesome as the SP3's Wacom. So that and the fact I can use more powerful programming for my photos and videos while seeing the world, (not on a screen until after we are back to base camp), will be a great updated feature. Plus having 512gb storage on board will be awesome as well. Then if I don't get back to my drive for a couple of days I can still store a crap load of photos and videos on my device. having a connected keyboard is a huge bonus too as you get more battery life, and direct useage.

Last edited:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Captain Obvious to the rescue I was not talking about Desktop mac, I was talking about mobile apple products. Maybe you need to read what I said more closely.

Really?

You specifically said, "90 percent of web based content still use flash so mac users are left out in the cold again with that". Your words, copy/pasted into this post. Even if you then retroactively try to justify that comment by clarifying "mac" as "mobile apple products" you're still wrong, because MacBooks are "mobile apple products" and they run Flash fine.

So instead of being a smart *** and calling people names, maybe you should say what you mean in the first place, or just buck up and admit that you were wrong.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If you have a 920, show your friends how you can use it to drive nails and also for self defense.
Lol. That review is what did it for me. Already was intrieged by WP os, it got my geek factor. Once I saw that video I was like this phone will survive my wife and kids (hate how flimsy and toy like the Samsung phones felt.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple products are for consumption, Windows based prodcuts are for doing things, not viewing things.

Wow, you're really... off when it comes to Apple; iPads are for consumption, not all Apple products. MacBooks - both the Air (which is much more analogous to the Surface Pro than is the iPad) and the Pro - can do everything you just said Apple products can't do. It's fully OK to dislike Apple products, but at least do a *bit* of research and be accurate in your criticisms. As it is, you sound like a child rage-gasming out of ignorance.

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Wow, you're really... off when it comes to Apple; iPads are for consumption, not all Apple products. MacBooks - both the Air (which is much more analogous to the Surface Pro than is the iPad) and the Pro - can do everything you just said Apple products can't do. It's fully OK to dislike Apple products, but at least do a *bit* of research and be accurate in your criticisms. As it is, you sound like a child rage-gasming out of ignorance.

Well they would be nice... Unless the luxury costs and the far less liberty.
With a smartphone you do things on the go, you don't need extremely advanced things. With a PC, unless you are a common user who simply surf on the Net and do little other things, you need liberty to install programs, if you are a gamer you want the better performance and the wider choice (however GNU/Linux has a better performance but lacks of many programs and games), if you have an assembled PC, you want to change components without problems.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

As far as I am concerned the surface still beat the air in everything as well. but since the ipad and surface are both mobile devices, that's what I was referring to. but since you brought up the MB AIR, the surface mops that up in performance to dollar as well.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
What can you say to him? Not much.

Since we have a number of operating systems to choose from when we get heavily invested in one, it's extremely hard to part from it.

If your friend has an antiquated Android device maybe you can convince him showing him Cortana, live tiles and so on.

But honestly speaking if he has a good quality Android device running a more recent version of Android, much of what it can do, it can do better than than Windows Phone. Be it notifications, design, fluidity, multitasking, scrolling and so on...

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This thread has been driven enough everyone has made their points.
Also the OP hasn't appeared in this thread since 11\28 and this is veering off topic.

Thank you all.
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria