why isn't facebook developing its own application?

Shayx

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
i don't really understand the face that microsoft is developing the facebook app instead of facebook doing it.
i think the ms app is not good enough and doesn't do good with the WP platform in potential buyers eyes.
it's very sluggish, has no stickers and generally it is not satisfying.
what is the reason that facebook don't want to develop for WP? they developed for windows 8.1 so what is their problem?

zsolo1122

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
My biggest problem with Windows phone since the first day. I'm really sad... because I love the platform, but its deal breaker for me,3 years was not enough for Microsoft to develop an app for the biggest social network.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I know when i was looking in the WP Store a while ago i found so many actually called 'Facebook', some with the official logo, that it confused the hell out of me. That needs to get sorted somehow.

But an official one would be nice, in the meantime the one Jack Janik suggested looks promising, so thanks for that!

Shayx

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
the app ms created actually looks ok
but it works like an amateur built it.
it is amazing they still can not make it run smoothly after 2-3 years of developing.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Though I agree with you. I think M$ might be saving all the good stuff for 8.1...I mean were getting YOUTUBE (Official) Facebook BLUE (Which is supposed to be better then any FB app on other smartphone companies) Also from the video I seen there is no more..resuming...loading. And hopefully some other goodies like no yellow tint pictures or duplicates! Then again its a guess...but im hoping that is why there not too focused on this black gdr3 and bug fixes thing.
the app ms created actually looks ok
but it works like an amateur built it.
it is amazing they still can not make it run smoothly after 2-3 years of developing.

akaliel

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't mind MS making one, other than not being able to edit posts and comments. But we don't get ads like iPhone and Android users do, so that's something.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I would not mind the ads if the app was fully featured. As of now is just useless for me. I miss 60% of my friends post when compared to official Facebook. Just try for your self, go to m.facebook.com and then the MS Facebook and compare the post. You will not see any of the following post:

*Your friend like this post'
*Your friend commented on this post
​*Your friend shared this post.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'm not a FB power user. I don't really care if I miss something on FB or not. It's a colossal waste of time anyway.
sent using tapatalk app

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I would not mind the ads if the app was fully featured. As of now is just useless for me. I miss 60% of my friends post when compared to official Facebook. Just try for your self, go to m.facebook.com and then the MS Facebook and compare the post. You will not see any of the following post:

*Your friend like this post'
*Your friend commented on this post
​*Your friend shared this post.

I am not sure you realize those notifications are all available by simply tapping the Notifications icon at the top of the app (looks like the world). Every single one of the items you list is right there, as a link to the described item, conveniently not cluttering up the News Feed view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo