Why isn't my SD Card being found?

micdousmi

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Recurring SD Card not found

Is anyone having recurring issues with SD Card not found on the 640? I have everything possible loading on the SD card, but whenever the battery dies, I have to remove the battery and sd card and reinsert it before it works again. Very annoying.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Recurring SD Card not found

Nope, haven't had that issue with my 640 or SD card.
I'm not sure if the phone is at fault or the SD card is. Do you have any phones that you can test the SD card with to see if it is the card itself or the phone?

micdousmi

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I am running Windows 10 Mobile so maybe that's it. The latest build seems to be buggy especially with the storage app.

Spidey1976

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

This started with mine last night :( All of a sudden a message comes up that the SD card cannot be found. I have a SanDisk Ultra 64gb card. I plugged the card into the PC and it read just fine. I thought it may be some sort of software problem, so I reformatted the card on the PC and tried again. No luck. I then hard reset the phone back to factory settings and tried again. No luck :( I tried a second SD card (Kingston 16Gb) and it did not read either.

It must be some sort of hardware fault. Both SD cards read perfectly on the PC, but cannot be found on the Lumia 640. The phone is not that old, so I'm going to try for a replacement today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb