why minecraft pocket edition in windows phone have a late update?

gufkl

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
i just want to ask,why minecraft pocket edition in windows phone have a late update?
on the ios/android it have ender update (1.0)
but on the windows phone just have version 0.16.xxx
why can like that? mojang & minecraft belongs to microsoft right? but why windows phone have a late update? should it get most first update
sorry for my bad english btw

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
i just want to ask,why minecraft pocket edition in windows phone have a late update?
on the ios/android it have ender update (1.0)
but on the windows phone just have version 0.16.xxx
why can like that? mojang & minecraft belongs to microsoft right? but why windows phone have a late update? should it get most first update
sorry for my bad english btw

I understand your concern. It has been an issue with everyone using Microsoft products.
The idea of Microsoft is to provide updates for the platform that has more users first, and then for the other platforms. Unfortunately, Microsoft's own windows platform falls behind and hence it is updated later than ios.
But stay assured, it will update. :)

stjeffy86

May 28, 2014
Visit site
This drives me insane with Microsoft. I get the argument that there are far less users on Windows Phone than on IOS/Android but they need to support there own platform at least as well as the other two if not better. The best experience for everything Microsoft does should be on Windows and Right now it isn't even close.

TortugaOnline

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
There is no update yet. The WP version is still stuck on 16.2.

The question is: Will it ever update, or did they just give up on the WP-version? There might be no update as user base on Windows Phone/Mobile is shrinking.

I have been searching a lot, but no official statement seems to have been made nor any other hints to what might happen to MCPE on Windows Phone.

gufkl

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
There is no update yet. The WP version is still stuck on 16.2.

The question is: Will it ever update, or did they just give up on the WP-version? There might be no update as user base on Windows Phone/Mobile is shrinking.

I have been searching a lot, but no official statement seems to have been made nor any other hints to what might happen to MCPE on Windows Phone.

yes I'm also not sure there will be an update
it makes me hesitant to move to windows phone

TortugaOnline

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
In case some of you are still waiting for the update, there is news: Sadly the Windows Phone version of MCPE won't be updated:

The 1.0 Ender Update will not be available on Windows Phone 8.1. Every Minecraft platform has different needs and our priority is to focus on long-awaited features for as many players as possible.
https://feedback.minecraft.net/knowledgebase/articles/888006-minecraft-pocket-edition-faq

So this was it, I guess. Maybe someday we'ell get the Win 10 Edition on mobile?

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Absolutely disappointed. I remember when a friend asked me if Minecraft Pocket Edition is free on Windows Phone because Microsoft owns it. It was flattering thinking this.

Sent from mTalk

WP8inJP

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm irritated too, but bear in mind:
It usually is updated at the same time as Android and iOS, so perhaps there's a legitimate reason, such as a last minute bug.
Imagine if MS prioritized Windows Mobile over Android and iOS and the critism they would receive then.
In this case my guess is while they usually wait for all the platforms to be ready at the same time, in this case there wasn't time to update Windows Mobile and as it was Christmas and 98% of their customers are using other platforms they made that calculation that they couldn't justify holding back the update while most of their customers had time off from work to enjoy the new release.
There is also the issue of sales they might get over Christmas with many people getting new phones, no exec in any company could justify to their boss passing on all that money.
All that said it is now 15.01.2017 and we're still waiting!
TLDR: This time unusually the release was too time sensitive to include Windows 10 Mobile before release.

TortugaOnline

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
It is not that. Please go back to my last post and click the link. Mojang is officially saying that there won't be any Ender Update for Windows Phone/Mobile.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Imagine if MS prioritized Windows Mobile over Android and iOS and the critism they would receive then.

Then people won't complain because frankly, promoting your own product with that kind of stuff is perfectly valid and people understand that. Heck, most aren't aware of Windows Phone anyway.

Gocheif

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The FAQ now shows Windows 10 mobile as never getting the update, and MSFT was still selling new phones over the holiday season... :-( I sent a complaint to Mojang support. We should get Windows 10 Edition or a full refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb