Why no complains about whatsapp background noise?

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I read of TONS of complains about almost any possible whatsapp's problem.
But i can't find post about this problem:

When whatsapp is opened and volume is set in a 1-30 range (so any value more than 0) you can hear a noise from the phone speaker. It's not really load but its easy to hear when you're in a very silent environment. Beside from the *battery drain it cause* it make me feel the app like a VERY unreliable one.

​Reproduce this problem is pretty easy: open whatsapp and put your phone's speaker on your hear.

I had verified this problem with Lumia 620, 920, 925, all with WP8.1 installed.

Do WP8.0 users have this bug too?

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC8X and I never had that problem.
I even tested it right now, still, not a sound [im in a silent enviorment and have the volume on 10/10 and 30/30] running WP8.1

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC8X and I never had that problem.
I even tested it right now, still, not a sound [im in a silent enviorment and have the volume on 10/10 and 30/30] running WP8.1
Strange. I can't comment on WhatsApp as I don't use it, but I definitely have an audible static noise on FB Messenger. I have a Lumia 820. I've spoken to a few people who have the same problem. Maybe it's caused by the developer preview. Perhaps a sound API not functioning correctly?

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Strange. I can't comment on WhatsApp as I don't use it, but I definitely have an audible static noise on FB Messenger. I have a Lumia 820. I've spoken to a few people who have the same problem. Maybe it's caused by the developer preview. Perhaps a sound API not functioning correctly?
well, I Chcked all my apps, no sound.
even facebook + facebook beta.
I Checked on Ativ S too.
I have no clue why are you guys experiencing this kind of issue :\ wierd indeed.

Lumia problem only?

darionst

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I noticed it while I was using headphones, never heard before. It's a constant low noise, once I heard it I notice everytime! My phone is htc 8s with 8.1.

salaamnamaste3

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue on a Lumia 928 running 8.1 preview with whatsapp. A very faint white noise which lasts till the phone screen is locked or the app is closed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigorplux