Why no push notifications on windows central

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Not that I know of...

I use to have the Windows Central app a while ago, but I made the switch to the Tapatalk app so I can easily switch between multiple forums.

Maybe try reinstalling the app.
Are all the notifications buttons on in the settings of the app?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Not that I know of...

I use to have the Windows Central app a while ago, but I made the switch to the Tapatalk app so I can easily switch between multiple forums.

Maybe try reinstalling the app.
Are all the notifications buttons on in the settings of the app?

For sure try the reinstall!

martyn30162

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Tried reinstall hard reset everything must be something I am missing? Still no notifications on my 650 on the fast ring my 950 is on production release

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
@martyn30162
Still not working?

Hmm.. The only thing I can think of is to try the Tapatalk app, I've been using it for the past 2 years and it's very reliable when it comes to receiving notifications.

I'm not sure what happened within the last 2 years but it was working at some point in time.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Looking for tapatalk app nothing in the store

My apologies, I believe there's a somewhat similar app called mTalk, I don't know too much about it, but it should be reliable with notifications.

Tapatalk and mTalk are both used for easily managing multiple forums (such as Windows Central and maybe Android Central) in a single app.

I could've swore it was a universal app that's available for Android, IOS, and WP.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well! Both on my L930 and Surface Pro 4. The live tile is working, but I no longer receive any toast notifications.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this problem as well! Both on my L930 and Surface Pro 4. The live tile is working, but I no longer receive any toast notifications.

From what others have told me, push notifications on the WC app is on hiatus, and has been like that for a couple of years now.

I'm not too sure if this is also occurring on portable devices such as laptops.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Same with me and I used WDRT on my L950XL and WC app is without push notifications though in it's settings it's on. Live tile works np and shows the counter but no toast notifications. Hope an update comes out soon to fix that.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Same with me and I used WDRT on my L950XL and WC app is without push notifications though in it's settings it's on. Live tile works np and shows the counter but no toast notifications. Hope an update comes out soon to fix that.

It's been like this for a while now. I'm not sure if a "fix" is coming anytime soon, but it would be greatly appreciated if there was one.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Where are you getting that information? I haven't heard that yet - I'm assuming they would have an article or some kind of notification about it but maybe not.

Up until a month ago it worked pretty good. This morning it started working again (I think, waiting on some new articles to come out to see if the notification pops up)

If it's not going to work, I wish they would hide those settings in the app so I won't expect it to work. Drives me insane when things don't work. If you know it doesn't work, hide the button!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Where are you getting that information? I haven't heard that yet - I'm assuming they would have an article or some kind of notification about it but maybe not.

Up until a month ago it worked pretty good. This morning it started working again (I think, waiting on some new articles to come out to see if the notification pops up)

If it's not going to work, I wish they would hide those settings in the app so I won't expect it to work. Drives me insane when things don't work. If you know it doesn't work, hide the button!
@bguy_1986
I'm getting this information from some of the Ambassadors of Windows Central.

I asked a similar question and they said it's been in hiatus for a while. (at least for the mobile app version)

The notifications could possibly be going on and off but I haven't heard or seen anything relating to this.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm must be one of the odd users that doesn't value notifications, or just want the barest minimum on live tiles.

... !!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm must be one of the odd users that doesn't value notifications, or just want the barest minimum on live tiles.

... !!

I usually just rely on notifications if someone replies on a thread I made, or a thread I'm subscribed to, or even if someone I follow makes a new thread

Other than that, I'll just skip any other notifications from WC... maybe I guess I do value notifications then, lol.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I might be the odd one. I like the notifications for news articles. I skim the notifications and decide if I want to read the article or not. Swipe the notifications of articles I don't want to read and click on the ones that I do without opening the app and waiting for all the photos to load.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05