Why won't Edge let me install Chrome?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So, I've been using Chrome for the better part of a year now, and I had an issue with YouTube videos, the video would lag behind the audio. I found no fixes for this, so I uninstalled Chrome and hoped to re-install it just using Edge. However, when I try to download it from Edge, nothing happens. Originally, a message box came up asking what I'd like to do with the Chrome installed, asking me if I wanted to "Save" "Save As" or "Cancel." None of them worked, the only button there that worked was the little "X" at the top right of the box. I tried disabling Edge asking me what to do with downloads, but when I click the download button, nothing happens. No pop up, nothing in my downloads folder, nothing. Please help.

Ahmed Bashoeb

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Did you try restarting your pc/laptop? Also are all the updates installed? What I've noticed is Win8/Win10 acts up when there's an update that needs to be installed and the only way that's achieved is by letting the system restart (manually if not done automatically). Edge didn't give me any problems installing chrome

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So, I've been using Chrome for the better part of a year now, and I had an issue with YouTube videos, the video would lag behind the audio. I found no fixes for this, so I uninstalled Chrome and hoped to re-install it just using Edge. However, when I try to download it from Edge, nothing happens. Originally, a message box came up asking what I'd like to do with the Chrome installed, asking me if I wanted to "Save" "Save As" or "Cancel." None of them worked, the only button there that worked was the little "X" at the top right of the box. I tried disabling Edge asking me what to do with downloads, but when I click the download button, nothing happens. No pop up, nothing in my downloads folder, nothing. Please help.

So when you press on save, nothing was happening? I think when something is downloading, it downloads in the background and when it's complete, the message will pop up indicating it is complete

I just tested and it downloaded in less than 5 seconds and the pop up came up asking what I want to do

Also, when you went to the chrome page to download, did you accept the agreement to download and install?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro