Wi-Fi speeds ?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Here in the UK I use BT for my broadband (And my mobile) and my speeds are normally very good, on my desktop that is wired to the router I regularly get speeds in excess of 70.00 Mbps average 16 ms delay, my Xbox One is also wired, and using mains powered Ethernet adaptors my wife's Xbox One, and my boys Xbox One and PC are wired as well.

So that leaves my SP3 and my wife's SP sharing the Wi-Fi signal with our phones, I had thought my SP3 was having the odd intermittent issue on Wi-Fi so I decided to do a complete shutdown of the whole system to force a fresh connection.

After I rebooted the router, PC and a couple of other things I turned to the SP3, and all was speedy so I thought I would run "Speed test".

I got 82.83 Mbps, I didn't know Wi-Fi could handle that sort of speed.................

Anyone else getting high speeds of above 30.00 Mbps on Wi-Fi?

PS The desktop got 86:89 Mbps

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I can get 92 Mbps...... But know that even faster Wifi is available , if you are willing to pay for it. Alo, if several devices are actively using the WIFI, speed test will go down. Highest "actual" download rates I have seen is around 20 Mbps. Actual download rates depend on the server that you are receiving data from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes