WiFi issue

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I can't find anything about this issue on the internet. I'm running 3 installations of windows on the same pc on different hard drives. My main windows 10 is on an ssd, my secondary installation is on a old had, I use it for backups etc, and I have an installation of windows 7 for some old games, this is also on a hdd. So everything was fine until this morning. I turn on my pc, it boots the sad into windows 10, as normal. But this time it doesn't connect to WiFi. I check the WiFi button on the task bar and it detects my network. When I click connect, it says unable to connect to network. I've had this issue on older windows 10 builds, but it went away after a restart. No matter how many times I restart it, the issue persists. So I figured that it might be some Autodesk software which i installed yesterday. So I uninstalled all the Autodesk stuff and no luck. I have 2 WiFi adapters, one relatively new (usb) and one old one which is plugged into my motherboard. I went to decide manager and switched my usb one off, and turned my old one on. I thought this would work since my old WiFi adapter is working fine. Still same issue. So I restarted and booted the other had with windows 10. Same issue!! And so for good measure I booted windows 7, same issue!! I've got no clue what it is. I've trued uninstalling and reinstalling the WiFi adapter, still same problem. Unable to connect to this network.

Please help

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't find anything about this issue on the internet. I'm running 3 installations of windows on the same pc on different hard drives. My main windows 10 is on an ssd, my secondary installation is on a old had, I use it for backups etc, and I have an installation of windows 7 for some old games, this is also on a hdd. So everything was fine until this morning. I turn on my pc, it boots the sad into windows 10, as normal. But this time it doesn't connect to WiFi. I check the WiFi button on the task bar and it detects my network. When I click connect, it says unable to connect to network. I've had this issue on older windows 10 builds, but it went away after a restart. No matter how many times I restart it, the issue persists. So I figured that it might be some Autodesk software which i installed yesterday. So I uninstalled all the Autodesk stuff and no luck. I have 2 WiFi adapters, one relatively new (usb) and one old one which is plugged into my motherboard. I went to decide manager and switched my usb one off, and turned my old one on. I thought this would work since my old WiFi adapter is working fine. Still same issue. So I restarted and booted the other had with windows 10. Same issue!! And so for good measure I booted windows 7, same issue!! I've got no clue what it is. I've trued uninstalling and reinstalling the WiFi adapter, still same problem. Unable to connect to this network.

Please help

Have you tried a assigning a static ip address on the Wifi Adapter or to the Wifi Adapter via the router?

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
No I haven't. But just to update you, I booted up my sp3 and it has the same issue. Looks like it's my ISP. But why is my phone connected then?

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorted. My router needed resetting. As soon as I disconnected my phone, it wouldn't reconnect. I reset the router and all is fine so far.

Not sure what it is with sky. If it's not 'unable to connect to this network' it's 'no internet access'. Seems like I gave to reset the router every few months

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorted. My router needed resetting. As soon as I disconnected my phone, it wouldn't reconnect. I reset the router and all is fine so far.

Not sure what it is with sky. If it's not 'unable to connect to this network' it's 'no internet access'. Seems like I gave to reset the router every few months

I have sky as well, their router is a friggin nuisance lol.

If you notice the Wifi signal dithering abit that is because it's auto reduced it's speed... it needs a channel refresh - this behaviour was prevalent in the old thomson isp routers and looks like they never addressed it. Make sure you connect in via a Ethernet cable not WiFi as otherwise you'll damage the on board Wifi :).

I'm in good mind to crack out the login details and create my own router but unfortunately I just don't have the time to test everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon