Will I get GDR3?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think about it, you think the idiots behind the counter will even know the difference? lol i know the majority of Verizon employees wont, neither will Best Buy! and Nokia is too kind to really care imo

hakmi

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
i have a dev center account and had just installed the preview apps, now im downloading the gdr3 preview or shud i say pre release....

hakmi

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
they wont notice anything, except maybe the samsung dealers, i used to brick my xperia sola while customizing the rom, something happened to the motherboard, took it to service center, they changed the motherboard ( i got a new imei) and changed the battery too, though i had to wait 3 months long...LOL

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is just saying that to make sure they aren't liable if your device is bricked. But in most cases, no one at a store (whether it be a Microsoft Store or a carrier's store) will be able to check or tell the difference, and will still swap your device.

Again, this is just Microsoft's way of making sure they aren't liable if your device gets bricked, and then someone like AT&T denies you a replacement. Someone working in an AT&T Store likely isn't going to bother to check, or even be able to tell.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
There are other steps beyond registering, you have to install the Preview for Developers app and check a box within it before your phone can pick up the update.

It's all pretty straight forward though, installed the update earlier on, everything I've tried is working fine. I look forward to all the moaning from people who are expected more than they were explicitly told would be in this update, including the three columns on the start screen which was pretty clear was for 1080p devices only.

Main thing for me with the update is it didn't break anything and the phone isn't any slower after installing it. Roll on 8.1 now :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss