Will there ever be another Windows Phone Flagship that is under 5 inches?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
As is becoming of pretty much all operating systems, Windows Phone flagships are now clocking in with 5 inch plus screen sizes. I have been with android for around 3 years now and I have always used smaller devices (small hands), I went from a Droid Incredible 2 to a Droid Razr M now I am on a Moto X. I have an extreme distaste for larger phones as they aren't usable with one hand anymore for me. What are the chances that we will ever see Windows Phone flagship that has a screen size less than 5 inches? 1080p is certainly feasible on a smaller screen as HTC did it with the One. That`s what is giving me pause about getting the Icon as its screen is large and has some considerable width and height with it compared to my Moto X.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's logistically more difficult to get the higher specs in a small form factor. What Apple's been doing with the iPhone is nothing short of an engineering marvel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The size of the Icon is the smallest you will see from Nokia for a flagship, if you want something smaller look forward to the Samsung Ativ SE.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's logistically more difficult to get the higher specs in a small form factor. What Apple's been doing with the iPhone is nothing short of an engineering marvel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Highly doubt it. The Z1 Compact has the specs of the high end devices yet has a 4.3 inch 720p screen.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The size of the Icon is the smallest you will see from Nokia for a flagship, if you want something smaller look forward to the Samsung Ativ SE.

This is a shame that he market has done this. I do not want a large phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What does the market demand? Right now, the market demands better then 5.0" screens due to multi-medai consumption on smart phones. Manufacturers still obviously see profit in smaller devices, but these are obviously users who do not stream shows or go for top end games on their devices. They can put out 4.0"-4.5" devices with a tad lesser hardware specs and gain better profits then by trying to package top end specs in a 4.5" screen or less and only sell the to the same pool of customers.

So, no, for the next year or two, I do not see there being a top end Flagship going into a smaller screen. I think even the next iPhone is growing to respond to the market.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
What does the market demand? Right now, the market demands better then 5.0" screens due to multi-medai consumption on smart phones. Manufacturers still obviously see profit in smaller devices, but these are obviously users who do not stream shows or go for top end games on their devices. They can put out 4.0"-4.5" devices with a tad lesser hardware specs and gain better profits then by trying to package top end specs in a 4.5" screen or less and only sell the to the same pool of customers.

So, no, for the next year or two, I do not see there being a top end Flagship going into a smaller screen. I think even the next iPhone is growing to respond to the market.

I may have to stay with my Moto X then. I really wanted a Windows Phone under 5 inches to use for the next year or so. Bad enough I'm stuck on Verizon.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I believe when apps have become the least concern of users, phones will return to a convenient size. For now, enjoy your mini computer.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I believe when apps have become the least concern of users, phones will return to a convenient size. For now, enjoy your mini computer.

That will be like never considering the fact that the world we live in technology is driven by apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05