Will you opt-out after the SCU hits?

JaySeeDoubleYou

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
My actual policy itself will probably remain the same: I have two Windows 10 devices: a big DIY gaming PC which is not on the insider program, nor will it probably ever be, and a cheapie little off-brand Windows 2-in-1 that is on the fast ring and will remain that way until the day I retire it.

However, what has been changing is that as that 2-in-1 (specificaly, a Nextbook Flexx 11) has been aging very ungracefully, it has been creating its own counter-incentive to using it, causing the actual level of my "on the ground" involvement in the insider program to have sort of gone off a cliff. So, when I say "until I retire it", it's really not that far from being retired already.

In fact, as a vivid illustration of this: when I fired it up the other day, I was surprised and disappointed in myself to have found that it had been so long since it was used that it was still on one of the final builds of the rs3 branch.

This lack of in-depth involvement in the program has led to cooling enthusiasm about it in general for me, though I am still on-board with it at the ideological level, and remain interested enough that I still at least skim every article that WC puts out about new builds - and pay extra special attention during the more exciting phases of the cycles when they're bringing in all the fun new features. :)

I dunno. Maybe I'll invest in a slightly less cheapie 2-in-1 (or at least in another new super-cheapie, like the Flexx that hasn't aged poorly...yet) and get back to taking the insider program more seriously. And maybe I'll put that gaming rig on release preview, or something. In the meanwhile, I am, "on paper", a member of the insider program, and a believer in /advocate for the program, but am not really very engaged, nor am likely to become so again anytime soon.

Cheers!

dbam987

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
So, the Windows 10 "Spring Creators Update" (at least I think that's what it will be called), a.k.a., "Redstone 4," should be released any day now. It's definitely spring time. And I'm anxious for that official release. With Microsoft hitting the Redstone 4 release-to-manufacturers (RTM) milestone, it shouldn’t too far off.

For Insider Program members, a new major Windows release can mean it's a good time to opt-out for a while. Why? Read this useful post by Windows Central writer Mauro Huculak.

Will you opt out, or remain in the same Ring you're in? Why or why not?

I've been meaning to jump back into the insider releases for some time now. I'll setup a virtual machine instead though as I have work related items that need a stable environment.

brucebinder

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
So, the Windows 10 "Spring Creators Update" (at least I think that's what it will be called), a.k.a., "Redstone 4," should be released any day now. It's definitely spring time. And I'm anxious for that official release. With Microsoft hitting the Redstone 4 release-to-manufacturers (RTM) milestone, it shouldn’t too far off.

For Insider Program members, a new major Windows release can mean it's a good time to opt-out for a while. Why? Read this useful post by Windows Central writer Mauro Huculak.

Optout

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
But that is what it is all about :D!
It is all about the tech stuff and having to spend tedious time trying to figure out how to reproduce the bug. Then spend more time looking for any existing feedback in Feedback Hub that even sounds slightly similar, and if nothing is there already, spend even more time writing about it yourself, making sure you are not misunderstood in the process xD … and doing the repro one more time... then the Feedback Hub either crashes, or stops recording, or your bug is no longer reproduceable, while the recorder is on :grincry: … yeah ^_^

I think its fun to begin with. It was in 2015, 2016 and even up til mid 2017. However there are no really new 'features' I cannot live without and as much fun as watching a Surface reimage is, I have other things to do these days.

Rahsna Asurac

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I think its fun to begin with. It was in 2015, 2016 and even up til mid 2017. However there are no really new 'features' I cannot live without and as much fun as watching a Surface reimage is, I have other things to do these days.

That is fair enough, it is important only to be in the program because you enjoy it either for what it does for you or others, and not for any other reason :)

Carlo Razzeto

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Ever since creators I have decided to just remain on release preview all the time, and I will continue to do so.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I dropped out long ago. There were 3 monthly builds back to back to back that all featured reboot loops. followed by rolling back to the previous version. Fix always seemed to be to download the latest ISO of the insider build and reinstall. Same test device (3 year old Lenovo consumer laptop) on the regular builds hasn't had any issues yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs