Win 10 Hotspot issues

SRD21

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I configured hotspot in Windows 10 TP but the problem is... all connected devices are unable to use Internet, while the same settings work great in my Windows 7 PC.

borisboiakki

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Have you resolved your issue?

I have the same problem here..
And I also find out that if I turn on the sharing of my cellular network I cannot start-up at all the hotspot.

On windows 8.1 the sharing worked perfectly.

:unhappy:

mrasimonline

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue - since i upgrade my laptop to windows 10 - i can connect to my mobile hotspot but website dont loads - even google.ca takes forever to load - mobile hotspot is on LG G3 -
other wifi i can connect fine on this laptop with win 10 - but not from my phone mobile hot spot - FIX IT Microsoft PLEASE.

toapoorvnotes

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
in your network and sharing center.. go to properties of your internet network (Ethernet in my case)and enable sharing with the hotspot network you have created. it worked successfully with mine.

stevehulk121

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I had this issue with using my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as a mobile hotspot for my Surface 3 running Windows 10 out of the box.

I resolved it as follows:

I went through all the standard steps to make my phone a hotspot and on the tablet I connected to that hotspot, in my case called AndroidAP in the list of networks detected by the tablet. The tablet connected when I entered the password on the tablet (which is given by the phone) to connect to the hotspot, but it did not have internet access. The tablet said "AndroidAP no internet, secured" The phone showed no devices connected on the setting mobile hotspot page. Leave everything as is and invoke the Network and Connections troubleshooter on the tablet. Let it detect problems automatically. In my case it came back saying something like "wifi DHCP not set" is a problem and it is ready to fix the problem automatically. I let it do the fix and bingo! The tablet connected immediately to the internet using my phone as a hotspot. :angel:

Windows10BS

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
It worked JUST FINE before Windows 10, I think it may have even worked sometime on Windows 10. I may not have a strong enough Wifi signal to connect my iPod Touch 4th Gen too in the house I'm about to live (my family uses neighbor's wifi, with permission, it's actually my mom's parents) and it will be COMPLETELY UNUSABLE in the house if I can't connect to wifi on it. My family will most likely not bother getting their own home Internet when they get it for free.

Mobile Hotspot sharing on my laptop use to work JUST FINE, why do companies have to update and make things stop working? Updates are supposed to make things BETTER! I'll tell you why updates make things stop working, because the company wants you to go and buy new products so they can make more money!

Can I make my mobile hotspot sharing on my laptop work again! I used to live in a house with a dirt cheap wireless router that could barely reach (and sometimes disconnected) in my room, and it worked just fine then! HELP!

Oh, I tried getting my dumbphone Tracfone (not smartphone, dumbphone) that can connect to wifi connected through my laptop's mobile hotspot (not that it's really usable for Internet, but I wanted to see if it was just one device that couldn't connect) and that also could not connect.

Twice after a VERY LONG time my iPod Touch 4th Gen connected to my laptop's mobile hotspot, but the little wifi symbol at the top of the screen never showed up, which means it's not connected to the Internet, just like Safari said right on the screen. My laptop's mobile hotspot sharing used to work just fine! Please I need this fixed!

ne0x H

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Re: Win 10 Hotspot issues (FIX)

Hello, i had this problem with my surface pro too, what i did was:

Right click on windows icon (menu)
Device Manager
Network Adapters

On network adapters check if there's any device disabled
and just enable it..

hope it works!

:amaze::devil: