Win Defender - the group of resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operat

W

WPCentral Question

Hi. I'm using windows 10. Recently an update kept failing. KB2267602.
I've searched around and eventually got to the bottom of the issue, that I'm using Avast and it has disabled windows defender. When I try start defends I see "the group of resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation".

That's fine. The option I see if I want to use defender is uninstall avast and defender will work again and that update will install. ? But I would prefer to keep avast so I can leave it as it.

But my concern is, becasue windows update keeps trying to install this update and failing over and over, it is always in the list of updates to download, the only thing. Is this preventing other windows updates coming through becasue I havn't had any in a little while and I'm unsure if it's becasue this one is permanently in the list and unlike Win 8/7 etc I used to be able to "Disable or Ignore" an update" and it would go away, there seems to be no option for this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz