WIN10M - Not able to install app from store - 0x8007000B

sasivarnan

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I am using Lumia 640 XL with latest updates installed. For past 2-3 days, whenever I try to install apps from the store, it is trying to download only 1.51 MB and I am getting "Couldn't install. We'll try again later" error. Tried downloading again, still the error is same. It is happening for lot of apps like Shareit, Feedlab, Instagram, PayTM and so on which is making my phone even more less usable. :crying:

When I checked the error details, it is showing "Something unexpected happened" with error code 0x8007000B.

Reported the problem and looks like many are facing this issue.

I tried restarting, did soft reset and NOTHING helps.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I am using Lumia 640 XL with latest updates installed. For past 2-3 days, whenever I . try to install some app from the store, it is trying to download only 1.51 MB and I am getting "Couldn't install. We'll try again later" error. Retried to download the app. Still the error is same. It is happening for lot of apps like Shareit, Feedlab, Instagram, PayTM and so on which is making my phone even more less usable. :crying:

When I checked the error details, it is showing "Something unexpected happened" with error code 0x8007000B.

Reported the problem and looks like many are facing this issue.

I tried restarting, doing soft reset and NOTHING helps.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Are you using cellular data or WiFi? That might have something to do with it

sasivarnan

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
I am having Windows 10 Mobile with latest updates installed (Not insider).
Yes, I have nearly 4 GB space on my phone and 10 GB on my SD card as I did reset.
I am installing the apps freshly as I did reset.
Before this issue the apps were in SD card and it was installing fine.

Update: I tried switching the app install location to phone and it got installed. Any idea. ?

Last edited:

Quoc Dung

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Guys, its not SDcard or apps fault, It just an update that breaks Store installer which means no longer have ability to install/update apps in sdcard

It happens on PC too. Cant install/update apps on external disk or SDcard.

If youre using PC running Win10, uninstall KB4025342 update immediately and dont update

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
1 simple solution for this problem just move your app to phone memory and recheck store app update and then download,its store problem which does not allow us to update app from sd card memory.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You cannot install to SD Card either at the moment. You have to install to Phone and then move app to SD Card afterwards.

No, there is a setting under Storage... "New apps will save to:", and assuming you have an SD card, there are 2 options: "This Device" and "SD Card (D:)"

And it's definitely a Store issue... I released an update to one of my apps, and I know the app is set to allow installs on SD cards, but it wouldn't update till I moved it to the device.

Varun Naive

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
M not able to install update the aps from apps store and my windows update is stuck at 46% from the past 15 days. If a app is downloaded then it would never install.....what to do..i am frustrated. Even the store app is not updating it just keep on downloading and downloading but never installs and shows cheking product files , almost ready and etc. Whats the solution. I m thinking of hard resetting my lumia 640 but worried that the apps might not be able to install because of the on going error

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170805_0002.png
    wp_ss_20170805_0002.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oscahill