Window 10 build 10240 using microsoft basic display adapter rather than my graphics card installed

Gary Magno

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Looking at my installed AMD Catalys Control Center. I think It did not installed properly. There are lack of items not showed. I will post a screenshot

Gary Magno

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Can u give me what exactly should I download? kind, version or maybe the exact link? Its either I downloaded a wrong drivers or It did not actually installed?

Gary Magno

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Nothing happens. Still Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is the main display adapater used. I installed amd drivers 15.7.1 after that display driver uninstaller

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way to find what the model number of your card is to use the system configuration tool (use the search tool / cortana). Alternatively if that method is buggy / doesn't work try downloading Speccy (freeware - https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2F%2Fwww.piriform.com%2Fspeccy&token=iSXN5XTO) or Aida64 (trialware - Downloads | AIDA64). Note in certain configurations the Model number of parts is often marked out in the Aida64 trial, in some cases it may not recognise quite a few number of parts - have only seen this happen 5 times. I would not recommend installing the driver agent / assistance in Aida64, it no longer is of any practical use other than to spam you with adverts or popups.

Gary Magno

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all your help, I recently change back to windows 7 and I see my graphics card ATI Radeon 2100 ..Does it compatible for windows 10? I will install back windows 10 once I clear how to change my graphics card on windows 10. Any idea?

Tony Clegg

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
The 2100 card is no longer supported by ATI/AMD. Therefore it won't function properly within Windows 10. You could try right clicking on the driver within the device management screen and click on'update driver' and see if it finds the latest driver.

You won't be able to use the Catalyst Control Centre either due to the reasons above. Unfortunately this isn't a Microsoft issue, and down to AMD as it's their decision to withdraw support on older cards. Their stance on this is either stick with the operating system you have (i.e. Windows 7) or upgrade your graphics card.

Gary Magno

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Your definitely right Tony. I've also search anywhere and my card does not supported in windows 10. It's an build it video card. So any idea how can I update it to use windows 10 perfectly? Or should I buy a new video card? Its better if there is anyway such as update card only for me to use windows 10 with my radeon 2100.

DigitalZ

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I had the exact same issue with upgrading my desktop with an NVIDIA card that was supported in Windows 10. I was also having issues with other drivers that reported in Device Manager that they were ok but were not working properly. I ended up resetting the PC and choosing to only keep my data files and that fixed all the driver issues.

D_Dickson1

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem in that my monitor display was restricted to Microsoft generic and the screen size was restricted and graphic icons distorted.
I eventually solved the problem by searching for Device Manager. I identified the problem Display device (same yellow triangle indicator as previous Windows versions) and selected update driver and 'search my PC' (Not search the internet). My graphics card is NVIDIA so I then navigated to the NVIDIA folder on my System Drive (C:) located the drivers folder - Windows the automatically found the existing pre-upgrade driver. I confirmed the update request and the existing 'old' driver installed. The screen flashed and refreshed a couple of times, then the display appeared as it was before the W10 upgrade.

Note: when I attempted the search the internet Windows located the NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - but failed to install with Error 0x80070002 - I could neither manually download and install from the NVidia website, nor via Windows update.

This using the existing driver solution worked for me insomuch as my screen was restored. Interestingly Windows Update still reports that the driver fails to install!

yasfer21

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue last night when I performed a clean install on my Samsung Series 3. I checked the device manager and it has the generic microsoft display driver. so i downloaded the driver from Samsung. I slept and the next morning when I was about to install the driver, i check the device manager and it already has the correct drivers (Intel & AMD). I guess windows update corrected them by itself.

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Your definitely right Tony. I've also search anywhere and my card does not supported in windows 10. It's an build it video card. So any idea how can I update it to use windows 10 perfectly? Or should I buy a new video card? Its better if there is anyway such as update card only for me to use windows 10 with my radeon 2100.

If it's not supported for 10 it's useless to go back, but there are plenty of budget cards out there who Will work fine with 10

mxzhonkey

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
You need to just download the older version of catalyst. Vista drivers work in 10, so use the same drivers you used in 7. It will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaidenFolish