Window 10 Mobile Messaging In App Sound - Help! What do I do?

dootndo2

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Window 10 Mobile Messaging In App Sound - Help!

I am looking for a way to change or turn off (preferred) the in app sound of the Microsoft Messaging App. This sound makes my dog go crazy and I'm frustrated that I have to mute everything on my phone in order to stop the sound.

Just for reference, this is NOT the Messaging App notification sound that you would configure in System :angry:Settings. This is the in app while texting back and forth with someone a lower pitch tone plays when the person you're chatting with sends a response.

I'd like a hack, a fix, a something to make this stop. It's very annoying. I can change this feature in many other apps (in app sounds). Why can't I do this here?

Help.

dootndo2

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Window 10 Mobile Messaging In App Sound - Help!

I am looking for a way to change or turn off (preferred) the in app sound of the Microsoft Messaging App. This sound makes my dog go crazy and I'm frustrated that I have to mute everything on my phone in order to stop the sound.

Just for reference, this is NOT the Messaging App notification sound that you would configure in System :angry:Settings. This is the in app while texting back and forth with someone a lower pitch tone plays when the person you're chatting with sends a response.

I'd like a hack, a fix, a something to make this stop. It's very annoying. I can change this feature in many other apps (in app sounds). Why can't I do this here?

Help.

dootndo2

I can't remember where this setting is exactly but there is something about system sounds settings - eg shutter sounds, keypress sounds and system alerts - look for that setting and uncheck for system if it is there

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Window 10 Mobile Messaging In App Sound - Help!

nope, you cant disable that and/or the vibration each received message makes, but if you're lucky, sometimes it gets bugged and you wont hear or feel anything until you restart the app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss