Windows 10 Arriving this JULY 29! Who's excited?

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Arriving this JULY 29!

Hey Folks!

With Joe Belfiore confirming windows 10 arrival to PC's and tablets, I have been hearing that you can reserve your copy of windows 10 for a free upgrade for the first year. Is it applicable for those running windows 8.1 pirated version?

I also heard earlier that even pirated version were confirmed to be eligible for windows 10 upgrade by MS.

Kindly help

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
You can't reserve if you run pirated version, you can upgrade to Windows 10, but it's not activated. You'll need to buy Windows license, just wait until W10 price is revealed, if it's cheaper, buy it, if it's not, buy cheaper Windows either 7 or 8, then upgrade. Here where I live, Windows 7 Ultimate is as cheap as $15 and can be upgraded to W10 Pro later which is cost a lot more.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Arriving this JULY 29!

Nope pirated version is not included in the free license. I would suggest either buying a 8.1 license or a cheap Windows 7 license since both would be upgraded for free.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay so here is the thing. I have the genuine windows 7 cd with a valid product key. On my curiosity and love to see the windows 8.1 I had removed the windows 7 and installed the upgrade which is pirated. Right now, my CD windows 7 home basic is not getting detected and due to which I am unable to install. I had taken backup of windows 7 before installed 8.1 but clicking that or launching that is again reinstalling 8.1 only. What do i do? To install that back? To get this windows 10 upgrade.

And a question:

I have been running pirated version with activator that activated the windows. Still, I had updated and download automatic updates from the windows update section. How is that happening?

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site

is it required to be an insider to reserve a copy of win 10? if No, can someone pls share steps, link, or any other info on how to reserve ?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Okay so here is the thing. I have the genuine windows 7 cd with a valid product key. On my curiosity and love to see the windows 8.1 I had removed the windows 7 and installed the upgrade which is pirated. Right now, my CD windows 7 home basic is not getting detected and due to which I am unable to install. I had taken backup of windows 7 before installed 8.1 but clicking that or launching that is again reinstalling 8.1 only. What do i do? To install that back? To get this windows 10 upgrade.

And a question:

I have been running pirated version with activator that activated the windows. Still, I had updated and download automatic updates from the windows update section. How is that happening?

Easy, go to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...-us%2Fsoftware-download%2Fhome&token=DVllrNFa, input your license key from your W7 box you'll get the ISO.

As for your pirated version can run windows update, probably you're running W8 that activated through phone with product key provided by someone, or that activator software is really that good to trick Microsoft, or Microsoft is just a good guy in general to keep you secure.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Easy, go to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...-us%2Fsoftware-download%2Fhome&token=BQwrErz0, input your license key from your W7 box you'll get the ISO.

As for your pirated version can run windows update, probably you're running W8 that activated through phone with product key provided by someone, or that activator software is really that good to trick Microsoft, or Microsoft is just a good guy in general to keep you secure.

Okay! So
1. Good activator
2 Good guy MS
3. Product key activated through phone? Umm No.

In either case,

Ill try running and installing these updates again and let me see if I get the notification in few days time.

Else
{
Print(" my bad , Install windows 7")
}

Nam3d

May 5, 2015
Visit site

Does anybody know (maybe from the preview) that it is possible to clean install windows 10 or should it be done afterwards through an ISO? Got an older laptop that is highly due to a clean install.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Does anybody know (maybe from the preview) that it is possible to clean install windows 10 or should it be done afterwards through an ISO? Got an older laptop that is highly due to a clean install.

Same here with the old laptop. Not revealed yet but most people say you can clean install as long as you have your original Windows license or it's embedded on BIOS, and you won't need ISO file to refresh W10. I believe Microsoft Support will help you as long as you have Windows license, you're a good customer after all.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Same here with the old laptop. Not revealed yet but most people say you can clean install as long as you have your original Windows license or it's embedded on BIOS, and you won't need ISO file to refresh W10. I believe Microsoft Support will help you as long as you have Windows license, you're a good customer after all.
You'll still need an upgrade license key which will differ from the embedded key from your BIOS.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Easy, go to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...-us%2Fsoftware-download%2Fhome&token=yMLJwSUi, input your license key from your W7 box you'll get the ISO.

Your right! MS is a good person. I have updated my system to the latest. Some new additional functions have come in and there is no notification saying my edition is pirated . Bingo! Am i ready for windows10 upgrade now ^_^

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not excited. I can't get excited for W10 because Mobile isn't getting the same release date, and it sounds like it's not even going to be within the same quarter. I've been DYING to upgrade from my 920 for over a year now, and I'm still mad Microsoft wouldn't tell us beforehand that a device would take this long (I skipped over the 1520 while anticipating a mainstream flagship on AT&T by now). A lot of what I like with W10 (the cross-platform stuff) isn't coming anytime soon because of the delays on mobile hardware and the Xbox update, and Xbox Music's improvements haven't been announced in any capacity (making me wonder if it'll be better AT ALL, given the 8.1 version is 6 miles behind the baked-in version from 8.0), so what we're getting on July 29th is the crap I just don't care about.

I'm much more interested in getting a new flagship phone and doing Xbox game streaming (maybe even to phones?!). So, when we get those W10 Mobile devices onto U.S. store shelves (you know, like in November...), I'll be excited. Until then, I'll take the update, probably play with a little bit of the new stuff, but mostly be numb to it because it does so little for me on a day-to-day level with my PC.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
You can't reserve if you run pirated version, you can upgrade to Windows 10, but it's not activated. You'll need to buy Windows license, just wait until W10 price is revealed, if it's cheaper, buy it, if it's not, buy cheaper Windows either 7 or 8, then upgrade. Here where I live, Windows 7 Ultimate is as cheap as $15 and can be upgraded to W10 Pro later which is cost a lot more.

Bro! I got the free upgrade windows 10 notification ^_^. Damn I m so excited. I m gonna paaaaarrtttyyyyyyyyyyy!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not at all, I want Windows Media Center... Microsoft is screwing their loyal customers by not making it an option.

Hope someone can hack it in so I can use WMC when I work and I will gladly upgrade to Windows 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte