Windows 10 build 16215 discussion (Redstone 3, Fast)

Labeebahmad32

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Wifi adapter stopped working in this build. Uninstalled and it wouldn't reinstall. Couldn't even detect the wifi adapter. Could not get it working again after multiple shutdowns and power on.

EDIT: Rolled back to previous build. Works like a champ. Gonna perform another update to build 16215 again and see if issue resolves or persists again. Happened after ~24hours. Will post back with what I find.

EDIT2: Reinstalled the build again. Same exact issue. After build is installed, lost all network connectivities, both wired and wireless. Reinstalling network adapters did not resolve the issue. Rebooted and shutdown many times with no luck. Rolled back to previous build again. Then things got crazy. Unit will not load Windows, kept boot looping, then gave option to do advance repairs on several occasions. Powered off unit and waited. Powered it on again fine. Wired network does not work, but wireless does work. Leaving it as is for now. Went back to SLOW ring to avoid this build.

People who are having the wifi issue after this update, try these steps,
1. Download wifi driver from developers site for your system.
2. Uninstall or disable current wifi hardware from device manager.
3. Install the downloaded driver. Restart if required.

OR

1. Device manager, then update wifi driver using​ one in the options.

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Had the wireless issue on my Surface Pro 4. No idea how I'd "go to the developer's site" to re-download a driver in this case. The driver has been the Surface one and mostly no issues. I also rolled back, but stopped there and just paused getting this particular build (though it still showed that it was going to install one time and I switched to the slow ring to avoid).

I did delete and re-add from device manager, restarted, checked for updates, tried flipping all sorts of switches - it never saw the wireless networks on this build other than a very short time after its first restart.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issue with sleep mode? I can't seem to wake my sp3 from it at times, already happened twice today, and can't even cold boot it either, pretty frustrating

dementeddave

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
anyone having an issue with windows media sharing? none of my devices can see my shared media since the update I re-setup my homegroup and the sharing rules I can see my other devices and can tell it to share with but they don't show up...

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
The Photos App is crashing too much. and it wont show pictures from my local folders. it is showing onedrive pictures but displays no readable photos or videos in the folder I added

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
My update crashes at 35-40%. Before that, I never managed to install build 16199 because it would randomly fail and restore my previous build. If other posts in this thread are any indicator, I think I'll be skipping this one too. (I wouldn't mind an ISO, but from what I'm hearing there are no official ones.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077