Windows 10 failed download, how can I get it downloaded?

W

WPCentral Question

Windows 10 failed downoad

I can I get rid of this failed download and start again. When I try to do this ,the failed upgrade installs and then freezes at 91%.
It is taking to 2.? Gb of my HDD so I know it is on the computer somewhere. Thanks

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 failed downoad

Are you getting some type of error message? I have heard that at certain points of the upgrade one of them being around 93% it can seem like it has stopped, but it hasn't. It just takes a long time at certain points of the process.

Ribomac

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

Yes, I get a message that the download has failed, But then I get the message that the update is preparing to install. When I do install it freezes at 91%. This has happened 3 times. It does not roll back to my previous O S. I get a black screen telling me to repair windows.
I now have a message in the update window telling me (yet again) that it is ready to install. What I want to do, is get rid of this download ,which has failed and start again. As I mentioned it is on my computer, as the HDD has increased in size by 2. Something Gb. Can you help. Thanks

bonskibon37

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

There is a hidden file in the main directory $Windows.~BT where the files are stored. I would think deleting this file folder would make windows update re-download the files, but I am not for certain.

Ribomac

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your help. I tried today with the media tool, but again got stuck at 91%. I have given up at the moment. It would not be so bad , if it reverted back to 7, but it doesn't and then have to go through the process of an Aconis restore. Which, as yet, has not let me down. Thanks again.

robertbrunelle

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Do not delete windows BT download ever until you upgrade. If you had already deleted, then rather than waiting, make an ISO using windows media creation tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo